• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

The Happy Couple

Started by Lumpy, February 20, 2017, 04:16:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumpy

I've made some progress on the tone of the original image and repairing some blemishes.  The image is pretty noisy / patchy.  I've tried to smooth out the faces by using dodging and burning - but, its still pretty spotty.  Also, I'm not too sure about the background behind the couple.  Any thoughts on whether or not it should be as swirly as it currently is?  I can try smoothing it out ... but, I'm not sure if the whole thing needs to be moved into single tone.  (I know I'm not explaining this very well.) But, any help would be appreciated. 

Shadow

Looking good so far. Thinking the darker area behind his head is damage? (On the original it shows as the darker rusty color.) Do you think the dark right under his nose is where the color may have spread? Maybe someone with better knowledge of the pencil mustache could weigh in. Look forward to your final  :up2:

Mhayes

Good start Lumpy. Feel like I should apologize calling you that.  ;D

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

Quote from: Shadow on February 20, 2017, 07:40:47 PM
Looking good so far. Thinking the darker area behind his head is damage? (On the original it shows as the darker rusty color.) Do you think the dark right under his nose is where the color may have spread? Maybe someone with better knowledge of the pencil mustache could weigh in. Look forward to your final  :up2:

I was thinking the same thing.  Which is always a pain to work with because there is nothing there and you have to gather info from other parts of the background.  I almost requested this one.  It's looking grand!
Candice