• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

OK ... don't smile

Started by Shadow, February 19, 2017, 07:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Hi Gang.
Here's the newest gem from Margie's Gallery. The 2 gals on the right just had to smile  ::) These old ones are fun.
Did the Diff method for the gray point and then added a Curves layer followed by a Channel Mixer set to Mono. Below are 2 versions. Am thinking the one on the right (Values 244/146/15) is the better of the two ... what say all of you? And any ideas of best way to fill in top right corner? All suggestions eagerly welcomed! Thanks.

Shadow

So ... like a good book I couldn't put this down. Here's where it is so far. Straightened it up some and added back a full frame. Lots of healing and "borrowing" to get to this point. Do the upper corners look believable? There is one of those embossed stamps in the lower corner ... how do I improve that? Thanks all.

Hannie

Beautiful job Shadow, the repairs look good.   I also like the 146 version better, the dark parts of the photo have more detail than the 126 version.
The stamp, I would zoom in and repaint the broken parts then repair highlight and shadows.  Perhaps on separate layer.

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Lynnya

Love this image.. can see why you couldn't put it down  :cool: Yes corners extremely believable  :up: so far it's a beautiful restore.. :up: :up:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Thanks Hannie and Lynn. Will use your lettering example as my guide. See ya' round the cooler later  :)

Shadow

Oh my ... I am seeing spots everywhere!  :D   ;)  Here's the current state. Loads of spots removed with Healing/Cloning. Used the Dodge Burn layer to bring up some of the lighter outfits and added another Curve layer to bring up the midtones more. How's it look? Sing out with anything you see and I will get "the boy" right on it.  :funny:

Mhayes

Shadow, great repair! This is such a neat photo.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow

You are right Margie ... very neat photo. This family had quite a few gems.
Thinking this might be the final. Anyone see any thing that needs attention? Thanks

Lynnya

Its beautiful Lyn.. lovely job :up: :up:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Candice

Don't shoot me, but I see a "k" as in Linnenkohl, not an "X"
Candice

Shadow

Thanks Lynn  :)   No shooting today Candice. I also thought it might be a K so I did both. Appreciate your eagle eye  8)

Candice

Quote from: Shadow on February 21, 2017, 11:04:35 AM
Thanks Lynn  :)   No shooting today Candice. I also thought it might be a K so I did both. Appreciate your eagle eye  8)

:up:

Thanks for not shooting....  :hug:

Candice

Candice

Shadow, I'm doing a great deal of family research and I've seen a lot of 'old' pictures.  This one was in great shape.  Also I'm amazed at the quality of the photographers work.  He was good!!
Candice

Shadow

Hi Candice. Agree totally ... this person was good. Good luck with your research!

Mhayes

Totally eye candy! Great job Shadow!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]