• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Help with color please

Started by Lynnya, February 19, 2017, 12:25:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

Hi all... I'm starting to get ready for a road trip this summer and plan to continue doing my opr work on the road when hubby takes his shutteye time (or when he's watching the news :()  I have this old dell monitor which looks a whole lot better color that the el'cheapo laptop I'll be using.. this is a quick down and dirty color correction on the laptop with the old Dell monitor.. how does the color look to you.. I did a levels rgb.. took the white up with curves and found a neutral point.. thought this image would be a good subject for a color correct..
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Hi Lynn. Took a screen grab and checked it. The colors look good and w/b point are also good. When I travel I still use an old Dell. The thing just keeps on keeping on. Don't worry. We'll have your back!  :hug:

Lynnya

Glad to hear it... I just looked at it on my good monitor in the other room (duh.. cudda done that before :crazy:)  looks ok.. We will be roaming around with our little RV eventually ending up in Seattle with family.. will be quite a bit of downtime that I can do my opr work and stay in touch with all my opr friends  :hug:  I was thinking of buying another monitor but this old Dell (got it at the flea market) seems to have a decent screen and it's pretty small so I shove it under the seat of the pickup truck  ;D.

Hannie

Looking good Lynn.
Take a nice break from OPR and have a great time travelling to Seattle, sounds like a lot of fun!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Sounds like loads of fun in store for you two. Glad you will be able to keep in touch and continue sharing your magic here. Ain't it grand when old trusty stuff comes through for you!  :)

Lynnya

Well.. we aren't leaving til probably June 1st maybe.. or end of May.. who knows.. I can't take a break from OPR Hannie?? when hubby takes a nap or is watching nasty news I'll be gazing out the window wishing I had an image to work on ... and you are right Shadow.. OPR IS a magic place  :loveit:

we plan on staying at some Dude Ranches (RV kind) .. should be some good pictures there right? Wyoming, Texas, Colorado... been to all these places before but it's fun to go back...

Shadow

So will that make you a Dude-ette?!  :funny:  You know they wear cowboy hats in Texas!  :cool:
Have you ever read Anne McKinnell's blog? She and her hubby travel our country in an RV. She's a photographer and has done some nice work. It's an interesting site from a photography and RV standpoint.
By the way, was just reading about all the different types of ear plugs (some not visible) ... maybe they will help you "focus" when hubby is catching up on the news!  ;)

Lynnya

yes.. dudette I will be... with camera.. I toyed with the idea of riding a horse until I remembered my neighbor in a body cast after falling off one.. :cool: earplugs might be good.. rv is very small trailer..

Shadow

Maybe you can do other cowgirl things   :funny:

Lynnya

Now then...how did you know??? that looks just like me!!! :funny: