• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Three Beauties

Started by Lynnya, February 12, 2017, 11:31:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannie

Lynn, I did sneaky Hannie things like copy part of his darker cheek and flipping it horizontally, paste then transform/stretch/erase/adjust tone some to fit the lighter cheek; Dodge/Burn with the 50% Gray Soft Light Layer. 
(I am not careful when I do the latter, a slight Gaussian blur over the Layer Mask takes care of any harsh edges)

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Lynnya

Thanks Hannie for the "insider info"...How does this version look to you guys?  I hid her hands a bit in the folds of her skirt... does it work better or not...

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Lynnya

I fixed the boy in the back's eyes.. he looked a bit cross eyed so I filched from the original again...can you see anything else that needs attention please? Also fixed the boy in front's mouth.. it was too hard..

Shadow

Very nice Lynn!  :up: :up:

Candice

Candice

Mhayes

Lynn,

You have really done a great job on this one. The only thing that bothers me still is that the boy on your left has his face with a noticeable division between light/shadows. This is a studio photo and there would be lighting most likely on three sides and maybe above. Yes, there will be shadows that show the contours of the face, but not where you see the face divided in half. I worked a little on it and not perfect and on the right side of his face parts were totally blown out.

It could still be lighten some more--above brow and eye--but I have tried to remove the splitting of the face.

Other than that--great job!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

Thanks Margie yes I see what you've done.. will go back and correct..

Lynnya

I'm not quitting til I get this right  :crazy: Is this better? what more needs doing.. all comments welcome.. p.s. does this need to be lighter still?

Mhayes

Much better! I would do one more version and that is to have the left side as light as the right except for the shadows along the edges of his jaw, side of nose, a small shadow under his lips. See how it compares to this one.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow

Great info Margie. Lynn, thank you so much for sharing this image and your process. Learning so much from all the feedback.  :up:

Mhayes

Lyn, your last version would pass QC with no problem, but just had to play with it some more. One thing I also noticed is that the top of the boy's head the hair is colorless. Also, I notice the jawline by his ear on your right has a dark orange streak. Now my last playing with your restore before I totally ruin it and then tell you it was fine 3 revisions ago.  :)

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

Lightened the boy's face, removed the orange line, colored the hair on top.. darkened under lips a tad..

How's it coming? I think all of Margie's suggestions have been great.. nice learning curve for me..

Shadow

You've made the most of Margie's suggestions. The image just keeps getting better  :up:

Mhayes

Lyn, nice touch up. The one thing I did and forgot to mention is that I found the boy's face on the left to be too gray and on the right a better skin tone. So I sampled the color on the right side and then added a blank layer and changed the mode to color and painted on the left. You can test what opacity you want. But right now it looks pretty good!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya