• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Perplexed at the party

Started by Shadow, January 23, 2017, 07:17:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Here's another one from the party. After the color correction (Neutral Gray/Diff method and Curves for B/W points), the lady on the left's top is no longer blue/purple. Where did I goof?  :-\

Hannie

Lyn, it is a mystery!
I'm starting to think your version where the blue/purple is gone is more like what the original was?  The photos of this series that show more purple/blue are pleasing to the eye but overall there is too much purple/blue in areas where it usually does not show. 
Not sure which way to go here, perhaps somewhere in the middle?

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Lynnya

Hi Lyn.. Yes it's strange.. but in all the pictures of this lady her jacket is purpleish and her dress underneath is black.. but the blue and magenta's seem to have run all over the place.. some kind of chemicle thingy?? don't know.. what I did was same as you.. I still had nasty cast on some of the grey suit on mine so I reduced the magenta with hue/sat and reduced (both to nothing) on the blues which did'nt make any difference to the skin tones or the whites or suits... at the end? I took a color sample from the purpleish jacket and painted back in the color on her black version.. seemed to have worked.  Use a new blank layer to "color" blend mode..looking forward to seeing your final.. these are fun images.. lots of lines  :D  Your color correct looks good.. maybe a touch of vibrance at some point?
I just went back and looked at what's left of this lady in the gallery and I just don't see how her jacket is not purpleish.. maybe not at purple at in the original but as Hannie says, somewhere in between?
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Lynn and Hannie, thank you for your feedback. I think you gals are right ... somewhere in the middle is the goal. It's really something how the color changes. The purple/blue is really appealing.
Thanks for including your steps for how you handled the jacket Lynn. Will do the same.  :)
And Hannie, that avatar is a HOOT! Your smiley looks just like one of the greats at Christmas who got caught under the tree  :funny:

Hannie

Lyn, I do like my lamas and this one looks particularly handsome.  :)

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Indeed Hannie!
And Lynn ... who is your new fella? Did I get the Vibrance level right?
Here is the current WIP. Tried for that middle ground on the lady's jacket ... thoughts?

Mhayes

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

Looks great shadow.. beautiful! tiny spot of white top left border? lol .. or is it a bug on my screen.....
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Thanks for the feedback girls.  Nice to see you back Margie  :)
Lyn, took care of the "bug" and a few more I found and will send them home. Thanks for the good eyes!  ::)