• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Party Time

Started by Shadow, January 15, 2017, 04:05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Did a neutral gray Curves Layer followed by Curves for Black and White points. Added a Channel Mixer Blue filter layer to neutralize yellow staining. Some healing ... much more to do.

Added another Curves layer and brightened bkgd. Soft Light layer filled with 50% gray - painted with white/varying opacities to lighten damage on face, legs, cake etc. There's still more healing. Having trouble discerning how much of the "blotchiness" in the dark areas of the suits and the background to remove. Sure would appreciate all thoughts and suggestions on this one. Sing out about anything you see I can fix or improve! Thanks all.

Lynnya

It's looking good Lyn..I can still see some lines (damage lines) on the side of the mans face and neck - boy and girl look good as does the cake.. little damage shows top of her
thigh and on her sleeve (minor but I take a leaf out of your book for picky  :P) the blotchyness I would tone down some - I'm finding it distracting from the people.  Good going tho girl :up: looking forward to seeing the final.. not far off :)
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Thank you for your input Lynn ... I count on your good eyes!  :cool:  :wow:

Lynnya

As I do yours dearie :up:

Shadow

Current WIP. Still more to do ... plenty more to do! Not sure how to deal with blotchiness/damage in the bkgd and would really appreciate suggestions. Put a close up of part of it below so you can see what I'm talking about. And does that look like damage on the man's head?  All thoughts and tips welcome! Thanks all.

Hannie

Wow, looking so much better already Lyn!  You are heading in the right direction, just keep going with your 50% gray layer en add more black on the suits and background.  You can always lower opacity on that layer if you think you did too much? 
(I always use a bit of Gaussian Blur on the 50% gray layer after I am done, it smooths things out just fine)

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Thank you Hannie. I like your tip about blurring the DB layer. Here's where the image is after plenty more D&B. How's it looking? Thanks all for your feedback.  (Ck'd the gallery and I think the background on this group of pictures is very textured ... so not sure it's actually blotchy.)

Lynnya

Lyn I'm looking at this on my phone so it's very small but it looks good. :up:

Shadow

You're a peach Lynn! Thanks for making the time to give it a once over.  :hug:

Shadow

Latest WIP. Taking a vote ... which man do you prefer? Hair on the left or hair filled in on the right? And if you see anything else for me to address - please point it out. Thx all!

Hannie

I prefer the he one on our left.

Great job Lyn!
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Mhayes

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]