• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Bad Yellow Cast

Started by Lynnya, December 26, 2016, 03:13:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

Hi all, hope you are all having a great Christmas.. we certainly are.. between parties I've been working on this image.  It's a big challenge as lots is missing and the color cast was awful. No amount of color correction worked. I ended up doing a photo filter.. picking out the cast color and inversing it by putting a minus in the a and b channels of lab which reversed the color.. I then used the filter sliders to push the yellow out. I then did a levels adjustment and then curves to try to get some decent color.  I add a tad of vibrance and then started on the rebuilding of the image.. NOT EASY  :D :crazy:.. I've done a black and white as well in case the color is just not acceptable.. all comments welcome ... this one is a doozy...

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Mhayes

Hi Lynn, I had a great Christmas and hope you did as well. I like what you have done so far on a tough photo. A few things you might want to consider. On the lawn chair on your left, I came up with a green/pale green stripe. I would come along later and add variations of shades of green to the grass and trees as it is summer. The one thing that catches my eye is the guy in the background on your left. I would have him blend in more. From my perspective he is looking down at the blanket. he doesn't have to have sharp features and that is to your benefit. Also, notice the shadow under his chin. I would tan him up some and not have any highlights around him and the trees. I realize you are not done yet. Great job on what you have done so far!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

Thanks Margie good suggestions and appreciated. I'm away for a few days will attack it again when I get back..
Happy new year!! :hug:

Shadow

Hey Girl! You did wonders with the color cast  :up2:  Like Margie's suggestions for the guy in back and the grass. Maybe take a bit of the sharpness off the girls on the left's foot you created ... which is very nice by the way! Realize this was a first WIP so you may have already tweaked that area. Very nice work so far Lynn!  :up:

Lynnya

ok here goes.... I'm getting lost in the fog here.. all helpful hints needed... :D :crazy:

Shadow

Hey Girl. Happy New Year! You have done wonders so far. The girl on the left (looking at the screen), the new foot is looking better. Maybe smooth the part of her leg above the foot? The dark green under her chair ... maybe copy the part between her legs to a new layer with a mask and move/paint part of it back in where the dark green is now? By the way, the guy in the front ... great job with his legs!!  :cool:

Lynnya

You are so good  :loveit: will address issues tomorrow..Thanks so much shadow for your good eyes.😀

Shadow

I wouldn't go that far  ;D  Look forward to your next pic tomorrow!

Lynnya

I think I've taken this about as far as I can.. what say you... :P

Hannie

Looks good to me  Lynn!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Lynnya

Thanks Hannie it was a challenge for me... I've sent it home to Bambi.. see what happens  ;)

Shadow

Lynnya

Bambi O.K'd it... just scraped through I think  ::)

Shadow

Way to go girl! Your year is off to a good start and I'm sure the family will be very happy.