• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Couple at Fountain pic

Started by battleaxe, December 15, 2016, 09:31:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

battleaxe

Hi
I replaced the grass, the sky, some of the trees.  Tried to get more detail out of the man's upper body.  The fountain still needs fixing though the statue is bust.  Unless Bambi has another photo with the statue/fountain in it.
Is this okay so far? or should I start over?

Mhayes

Hi BA,

I did an auto Curves and then I checked which of the 3 channels was the best. The red looked the best and is the one I chose for the B/W. I don't think the man is wearing a t-shirt and I don't think it shows he has white socks. I also would not show him with bare arms. There is not much info there and it will have to stay that way. I understand the need for shading and shadows, but the man's pant sort of draw your eye to his crotch. The fountain I would get rid of the white spots, but beyond that leave as is. Your grass and the woman's legs look good. Since this is a B/W and I imagine the sky was midday and could stay a light white or gray and not need to look like clouds. This photo is really damaged and kudos for trying. I would suggest keep your work, but start another and this time work with the red channel in the B/W and work from there.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow

You are so brave! Good luck. Look forward to watching you work your magic.

battleaxe

This is the one I'm thinking of sending up.   

Lynnya

That looks a whole lot better to me BA.. such a hard one.. good job!
never giving up......learning from others as I go...