• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Eve or Morn?

Started by Shadow, December 12, 2016, 10:13:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Hey Gang! Do you open presents on Christmas Eve or hold out for Christmas morning?
In our house the grands and greats open 1 on Christmas Eve ... usually new holiday sleepwear and then we are gleefully awakened at the butt-crack of dawn on Christmas morning to see what Santa brought! (thank goodness for timers on coffee machines!)  :)

Lynnya

Well.. when the kids were small we always waited til Christmas morning.. so did we when we were little.. I don't get to spend Christmas Morning with my Seattle dears so I don't have to get up early  :P just skype later in the day :loveit: I get to go on a nature walk in the sunshine tho...
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Mhayes

As a kid, we opened some on Christmas eve and then on Christmas opened the presents Santa brought. Once past Santa, we opened on Christmas day.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

No presents from Santa for me, guess I was bad...  :(

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Aw Hannie ... did you at least have fun?!  :cool:   When you celebrate Sinterklaas, do you have activities on the Eve and the morning?
Lynn, sorry you don't get to be with the Seattle dears and glad for Skype for you.
Margie ... you guys really know how to spread out the fun!

Hannie

Lyn, Sinterklaas comes to town on December 5Th, it is more or less a children's party where gifts are opened in the evening.  Poems are an important part of the gift, it is the best part of Sinterklaas.  The poems are used to either sing praise or tease the recipient a little about their shortcomings.  Kind of like the Inuit do when they sit together and sing songs to make fun of each other.  Each present is hidden inside a special wrapper, often works of art, to add more to the teasing already done by the poem. 

These are all reason for me not to be sad that Sinterklaas forgot about me this year...  ;)

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Thanks Hannie. Sounds like a lot of creativity goes into the whole celebration. Maybe we'll see a poem from you here some day!

Tess (Tassie D)

Always Christmas morning here. Then we get to cook Christmas lunch in the heat when I'd prefer to be at a beach BBQ. :D
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Too funny Tess! I have some relatives who would gladly you join you on the beach for a BBQ!  :halo:

JackR

When I was a kid we did it all in the morning, with the kids they did one in the evening and the rest in the morning...now with no kids, and being together 38 years, it is hard to come up with something for a gift, so the last few years we've just made a donation to the no-kill shelter for the kitties and dogs...
The early bird gets the worm, but the SECOND mouse gets the cheese...

cheers...

Jack

Shadow

Nice to see you Jack. Congrats on 38 years! Sure the kitties and dogs appreciate your gift.