• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Cutie on the step

Started by Shadow, December 08, 2016, 10:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Hey Gang. Here's a new one. Used the Difference method to get my Gray point and then I used the trick where you hold down the Alt Key and drag in the Black/White sliders to choose my Black and White points. Added a Levels layer and used the Gray dropper to set the gray point. Then added the Curves layer and set my Black/White points to 15/244 and tweaked the middle gray to 126. Added a Hue/Sat and decreased the blue color cast on his top and the door and the yellow across the lower front. Any thoughts? Thx gang.

Shadow

Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks everyone.

Lynnya

I like your color version more than the black and white.. but it may be there is not enough for QC colorwise..there would seem to be a couple of options for this one  8) looking forward to seeing your move through. :up:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Something more like this maybe?

Lynnya

I like that.. see what Margie says.. she may want a black and white...  :-\  the last one I"m talking about..

Shadow

Many thanks. I like the last one too. Appreciate your opinion.  :hug:

Mhayes

Shadow,

Having a lot of Internet problems and not able to post a photo because I get timed out. I noticed when you went for neutral gray you used the edge of the step which I think was logical. However, I can see by your color sampler tool that you also have by the underarm of the boy on your right. That is what I used, because with the difference mode, the step did not show any black. More explanation later, but here is what I got and then I created a layer above set the mode to color and tried to bring out more color and offset the green.

Shadow,

Having a lot of Internet problems and not able to post a photo because I get timed out. I noticed when you went for neutral gray you used the edge of the step which I think was logical. However, I can see by your color sampler tool that you also have by the underarm of the boy on your right. That is what I used, because with the difference mode, the step did not show any black. More explanation later, but here is what I got and then I created a layer above set the mode to color and tried to bring out more color and offset the green.

I also have company company and a wedding to go to on Saturday, but will keep trying.

Margie

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow

Hi Margie. You are a real trooper for getting that info to me! Thank you! I will go back and use your point and will keep watch for the rest of your feedback.
Now then, is all that company sleeping in one bed to stay warm? :cool: We are freezing our little tuchus off down here. Where's that southern warmth?!
Have a good time at the wedding.

Shadow

Went back and started over with the gray point under the arm ... this is where I am. It's just off but not sure how to proceed. Any suggestions?  :-[

Lynnya

Hi lyn.. just to confuse things more  :funny: here is what I got after levels, curves and then grey point threshold... my point is on the door mostly..

result

Shadow

Glad you did that. I have played with multiple points. The magenta/blue on the satchel and top of the boy bugged me. When you run your curves, do you set your points manually or use the droppers? Thanks for sharing.

Lynnya

I used to now I do as Margie does and use auto curves..I do the levels fist tho I think it gives a better start for the greys..I may be wrong tho..

Shadow

I'm going to try that.Will be back soon ... we can sip our cocktails and watch the sunset!  ;)

Lynnya

Shadow

Went back and used Gray point on door handle and the one near the arm. What do you think of this? Didn't want to remove all the character from the wall ... should I do more on the lower part?