• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Not Going Well at all.

Started by philbach, November 03, 2016, 08:58:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

philbach

:-[  Hello.  This is not going well.  One question is should I use the background that I substituted or just have a plain background.  Quite Blurry as well.   Or should I start over.  Thanks.

phil

Lynnya

Hi Phil, I'm by no means an expert but I know any feedback always helps me so here's my take on it.  I'd be interested to know what your levels correction came up with as he look a tiny bit pink to me. The background seems very stark and sharp in contrast to the original.. I think I would tone that way down so it hardly shows and blur it a bit. He is very blurred.. this is what I got with just a levels adjustment..

also, I looked in the blue channel and the writing does not show in that channel so you could copy that onto your rgb and blend mode luminosity and maybe get away with just some more clean up rather than blur the whole thing.

The levels adjustment was just Alt drag each color red green blue individually til the clipping showed then back off a tad.. is that what you do?  I feel your pain tho Phil, these blurry pics are so hard.. Don't give up  :up: p.s. I take back the blue channel.. it still shows some when in blend mode lunimosity.. sorry..hopefully someone else will have a better solution..
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

philbach

Thanks Lynnya for your suggestions.  I believe you are right about the color.  I tried to redraw his face but since I am not an artist that approach did not work.  So the child will remain blurred.  If I use the background suggested by the top of the photo I will need to blur down I guess.  Oh well.
phil

Hannie

Hi Phil,

My computer is no working so this will be a short post from my cell phone.  I would not use your background but something more neutral without the pattern. Kudos to though for taking this restore!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Hi Phil, you are the bravest! Somewhere on here I read you could add a Color layer and paint with sampled color to add back a tiny bit of contrast to an area ... maybe to the eyes? Hopefully one of the experienced painters will have an idea for you. Thank you for posting your work and good luck!

Mhayes

Hi Phil,

Somewhere I have a studio backdrop that I have used and if I can find it, will upload it to you to use. I have company coming over today and probably won't have a chance till late Saturday or Sunday. I agree about not using the background you substituted.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Mhayes

Phil, I remembered where I put my work and will upload to versions. One will be a B/W that you can color and the other is a light blue. The blue I work so that it would looks like a studio with an omni lighting in the center. This will work better than just a flat color and looks more like a studio backdrop.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

philbach

Well I have received the backdrops and will work with them shortly.
phil

philbach

Here is the photo with one of Margie's backgrounds applied.

phil

jesterjeni

I don't know if this made it home or not, but I used the blue channel and found the little guys face

Mhayes

Jester, by the date of Nov 2016, I would say say yes, it went home.

Great to see on the Forum again and while better late than never--earlier is better here.  ;)

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]