• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Posting Photos to the Forum

Started by Mhayes, October 27, 2016, 03:37:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Hi Everyone,

I would like to get your thoughts on what photo storage place you like for posting to the Forum. I recently read Shadow's comments about how much problem she was having using Photobucket. Unfortunately she is not the only one. I thought it was me and it is not unusual to spend an hour trying to post here from Photobucket. I thought my problem was having WiFi, but other places load fast, so I did a search online to see if others were having the same problem. Here is a recent thread: http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/baseball/965660-why-photobucket-so-slow.html  I also wonder if you pay the .99 cents a month to have no ads would speed things up. I hate to complain, because Photobucket is free, but right now I don't have the extra time needed to use it.

Your thoughts and recommendations.

Thanks,

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow

Thanks for starting this Margie. PB has been a stinker for sure. Eager to read everyone's recommendations!

JackR

I haven't had problems with photobucket being slow. I have used Flickr too with good results.
The early bird gets the worm, but the SECOND mouse gets the cheese...

cheers...

Jack

Candice

I couldn't get into FB tonight either. I don't mind using Flickr for the final views but I do dislike posting all the changes in it. 
Candice

Tess (Tassie D)

I have added a new modification.
In Quick reply and normal reply you will see a blue P which you can use to upload images through Postimage. By clicking it a pop up box will appear where you select your photos and choose upload.

Once it is complete the box will disappear and automatically add your image in thumbnail form to your post. You can choose more than one image and no login is required.

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Hannie

Wow Tess, that is a great help, thanks so much!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Pat

Tess, this is a real improvement!  Thank you so much  :hug:

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

schen

Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Candice

I just received and email saying Photobucket is back up and running.
Candice