• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Couple at the Fence

Started by Lynnya, October 25, 2016, 10:43:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

Hi All,

I've decided to torture myself with this image... wish me luck and see you in about a year..... :crazy:

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Hannie

Lynn, you are so brave...

:wnw:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Lynnya

We'll see how brave I am Hannie  :D I might be callin on you to bail me out :wnw:

Shadow

Lynnya

Thanks Lyn... that's a lotta cloning and healing  :wow:

Shadow

We'll be keeping an eye out for your WIP and the final masterpiece!  Lynnya aka Cloning Healing Queen  :wow:

Shadow

Lynn, Check out this link on FFT tweaks.  http://www.skeller.ch/ps/fft_action.php   I tried it and found that running FFt in RGB Mode and then switching to Lab (without flattening layers) Copying FFT layer and then using Median Filter on Lightness channel of that layer it helped a lot with the texture. Can't show you right now cuz PBucket is misbehaving. Anyhoo ... thought you might find it interesting.

Candice

Candice

Mhayes

Well Shadow, hope we see you sooner than a year, or this post last for a year? Look at the bright side-- it will keep you off the streets and out of trouble.  ;D I think you will do just fine.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

I still have a ton of work to do on this image... I'm going out for a beer :crazy:  I'm not too happy with it  :-\ HELP!!

Shadow

Hi Lynn, you have brought this image a long way! You probably already saw this ... the lady's arm has an area near her bicep that may be a bit bright. (It's that dreaded skin again  :knuppel: ) Know how challenging that texture is to work with & you are doing good work with it. On your monitor, did the purplish areas in the lady's top look more like damage? Her top looks more solid in your WIP. Maybe take a look at the man's sleeve near his hand ... not sure but I think there's a bit of a shadow in the original at that spot? Your WIP blows me away. You go girl!!

Lynnya

Hi Lyn,

thanks for your feedback.. always appreciated.  I still have a ton of work to do on this image.. it's about half done I think.. the lady's arm and all the skin really I haven't really gotten going on.. terrible color on the arm.. the dress? well, I wondered about that but the purple stain seemed to me to be damage.. I runs into the arm as well.. if it's not I can add the purple back in last.. I need to fix the mans hair, still lots of damage and add some shadows in many places.. It looks rather "painted" to me but maybe it'll improve with some texture at the end.. I planned on using Phlearns texture on her arm and maybe face a bit.. I would show my WIP layers.. but you'd be horrified and run screaming....
Thanks again and don't be afraid to critique.
Lynn
p.s. you know what?? I just looked at this image again and I think I'm going to almost start over... too blurry, too soft.. too painted..  :P

Shadow

Good Morning Lynn. That Phlern ...  :loveit:  The Puppet Warp can be useful when you are lining stuff up and warp isn't getting it done. Ck out the video below. The tip about changing to density & more (for the pins) made it a tool I use quite a bit. See what you mean about looking a bit painted. Knowing you ... you will fix that. Bet your layers are not as horrible as you think. Would sure like to know your steps for diminishing the texture! Eager to see your next wip post. 

http://photoshopcafe.com/use-puppet-warp-tool-photoshop-tutorial/

Lynnya

Hi shadow, our posts just crossed.. I think I'm going to go way back in my wip... almost start over... i'ts over worked and blurry.. :cool:

maybe from here?? Hannie any suggestions??

Now I'm not sure... is this damage.. I think so... what do you guys think..I think here dress is solid like the skirt part..

I used fft filter first (didn't do a whole lot) then I actually healing brushed each nasty little bit out at 200 percent sizing.. nearly went blind..I'm not going to let this beat me.. :knuppel:
Thanks for the video link.

Shadow

Hey. Did you try that trick of extending the canvas size by 20% (Think that was Athol's tip with the zig zag post?) or even more like Hannie suggested and then running the FFT? The background looks good. Your poor eye balls. As for the dress ... I can't tell. Sorry. Good luck. We'll be watching  :cool: