• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Margies Forum - Little Girl

Started by Lynnya, October 22, 2016, 11:13:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

Hi all, just starting on this one..

here is the original:

Here's where I'm at with color correction:

feed back appreciated.

I did a dust and scratches on the siding only. I cloned nearly all of the dirt from the rest of the image (lots of it).. I ran it through Imageomic filter. Dodged the dress and bow in her hair. Added a 1 px noise layer. Increased contrast just a tad.

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Mhayes

Lynn, looks good. The only thing I wasn't sure of was whether the variation of her dress from the waist down was damage. I think as light as it is, it could be the dress itself. Whatever the case she looks really nice.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

Yes I know.. I wondered that myself... I think the top layer of the dress is very thin and possibly like a flock or maybe  broderie anglaise.. not sure. Shall I do a version with no shading do you think?

Hannie

The noise filter did a good job of cleaning up all the specks but the drawback is that it also removes a fair amount of shading and detail like the lace in the little girl's dress. 
Sometimes I use a noise filter and a hide all layer mask.  That way I can decide where in the image I want to apply the filter and also vary the opacity of my brush. 
For instance, the flower bed will probably not need any filter or only partial.  In areas like the bow on top of her head you can use a small brush and avoid the folds of the bow.

(now did I make any sense at all?    :D)

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Lynnya

Shadow

Lynn ... very nice!
And Hannie ... what does it say the I have no problem following your post?!   :cool:
Good day to all of you!