• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Missing face...

Started by JackR, October 21, 2016, 11:48:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackR

Got this one I'm working on. The girl on the left end missing most of her face, nothing in any channel to work with. Maybe another pic in the set?

The early bird gets the worm, but the SECOND mouse gets the cheese...

cheers...

Jack

Hannie

Hi Jack, I looked but there is no other photo of the girl on the left...
All you can do is try and clean up as much as possible and leave her face a little blurry?

something like this, or even more blurry:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Hi Hannie. I like what you did. If I may, how did you clean up the damage to get to the point you showed? Even blurred I bet they would be very happy with her!

Hannie

Lyn, I cleaned the original face around the edges and cloned/patched some of the good skin further in so the damaged area becomes smaller.
Then I did a very sneaky (if not forbidden) thing, I copied the face of the girl on the left and pasted that on the girl on the right.  I used free transform and warping to fit the facial features and with a layer mask I took away the edges gradually to have as much of her own face visible as possible.

Borrowing another face is not a great way to restore but is a good point to start from if you have nothing left.  The "new" face can be blurred enough as to not to stand out so much.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Hannie, Thank you very much! I am going to practice that. Probably been said a thousand times ... you rock!!  :wnw:

Shadow

Hey Jack, how did you end up with this challenging photo?

JackR

This is what I sent in, and accepted...guess I should have done this earlier... :D

The early bird gets the worm, but the SECOND mouse gets the cheese...

cheers...

Jack

Shadow

Lynnya

Yes very nice Jack.. I looked at that one and hubby said "don't even think of it"... so I chickened...tough one :up:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...