• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Family Pic needs advice

Started by battleaxe, October 13, 2016, 08:15:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

battleaxe

Margie  here is the family pic I am working on.  This is what I have so far.   Still is rough.   Still have damage on right table leg, and on the pants of the son.  Stole the face of the mother from the other pic you gave me.  Don't know how to get the texture back in the curtains.  Stole parts of the dad's face from the other picture, still haven't got the eyes right.   Think I have to make some shadows along the curtains behind the mother on the left side.

For some reason my "Save for Web"  is adding a brown hue to my restore...have to figure that out.    Oh....the son has something in his arms...don't know what, and I don't know what to do with the son's hair.

Shadow

Hi there. What great work so far! Maybe the lady's Lt arm could be evened out a bit? Look forward to seeing your next post.

Mhayes

BA, I think you are off to a good start. The one thing that catches my eye is the young boy seated. I think you could take the good part of his face and copy>flip>mask back in. I downloaded your WIP and it looks like the boy's hair has gray in it?

When I want a lower resolution for the Web; I do another copy and then save at a lower resolution. I also put something on the extension so that I don't get mixed up and upload the wrong one.

This is weird and I just now saw it, but in the original I think the white for his cuff on your left is damage and not his shirt. If you look at the other arm, you do not see a white cuffs.

You did a great job on difficult photo.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

battleaxe

Okay.... Think I have done all I can in the family's faces.  The dad's suit needs fixing.  Any more advice?  Thanks for your help  :hug:

Shadow

Hey there. Margie said it ... great work on a difficult photo! May just be me, the woman seems to have some softness around the shoulders and head area and when you look at her, there's a line just outside of her arm like I get when I'm healing and cloning. Thank you for posting your work. Look forward to your next post! Have a good night.

Mhayes

Looking great and the only thing that caught my eye is that the white border has some shadows on it above the man's head. Easy fix is to do a mask concealing the picture and then doing the white for the border. Boy much improved.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

battleaxe

This is what I sent up today.    Thank-you for you help!   

???   The pic on my screen before saving for web looks less spotless on the curtains and clothes.  The pic I sent up should be alot cleaner.  I hope... :hug:

Mhayes

Looks great to me. I didn't see your upload in Photoshelter. However, I did see your baby photo to Bambi and noticed you uploaded both your restore and the original. We always have the original file, so no need to upload your copy. Will let you know when I get this one. Thanks.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]