• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Boy in chair

Started by Shadow, October 13, 2016, 09:49:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Hi All, Have been working on this one ... knew it would be a challenge for me & boy was I right!! So many questions so little time.  ;D  Welcome your tips, techniques, suggestions ... anything you have for me. This is not close to finished and the biggies that jump out are:
The boy's shirt. Couldn't tell if area above flag was damage/design. My nephew had these pj's but who remembers that far back! My efforts are in progress & I sure would appreciate ways you would approach it.
Chair ... is there a good way to take the arm from the left and place it on the right in the correct perspective? My drawing/painting leaves lots to be desired   :(   Is the D&B the best way to get the chair back to look better?
The lamp ... hoping for some help here for sure!!
Thanks gang!

And if I haven't driven you completely around the bend with my questions ...  When you have damage on skin that looks bluish/grey ... what are your preferred ways to remove it?

Lynnya

Hi Lyn.. well I think you are going great guns so far!! Re the gray on skin.. hmm.. you could try patch tool set on desination.. but I doubt that would suffice.. you could select some good skin from face .. jump it to a new layer, move it to neck, hide it and paint it in then use a new layer set on color, sample some good color and paint again.. may work.. as you know.. skin is not my forte...
I think it's looking really good.. only thing that jumped out at me was on my monitor it seems a little over saturated.. could be my screen tho..

Looking forward to seeing the results and work flow :up:

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Hannie

Beautiful repairs so far Lyn!
The boy's face I would use a color layer and sample some of the areas to build up color in the gray areas.
His pyjamas, I think what you are right about the blue stains not belonging there.  Looked on the Net for similar images but none were quite the same.

Did you mean the arm of the chair?  If so, what you did looks fine already.

The lamp shade, perhaps you can clean up the good part and mirror it to the left?

I agree with Lynn about the colors, not sure if saturated the boy before doing curves?

Levels and Curves:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Well Phooey! I saw Lynn's post so I went back. (Thank you Lynn!) The original H/S layer was actually a desate for the boy. Scrapped that and did a curve layer for just him and brought down the whites. Made him look better. (Lot yet to do for him. That dreaded skin  :knuppel: )
And now, here I am and I see Hannie's post. Thank you Hannie. LOVE your inclusion of your layers w/details so I can replicate your corrections! (And Shadow said yes! Now I won't get a bath tonight!!)
Thank you guys for helping

Shadow

Here's the WIP with your suggestions. Still unsure if blue parts of PJ's look OK. Thoughts? And Hannie, I used your points and I think it made a difference.
You guys really made my day. As for the lamp. Well, Bert Monroy (sp?) has nothing to worry about from me!
Will keep at it. Thank you guys!!

Beth

I'm pretty sure the blue on the white part of his shirt is where ink ran.  I think the lamp shape is good, now you just need to do some modeling with highlights and shadows.

Shadow is the most adorable thing!  I just want to squeeze him and cover his face with kisses!  :loveit:

Lynnya

Looking really good! chair is fantastic.. blue pj's still look a bit blue to me.. lamp is great.. it's gonna be a beauty!! Just noticed only one button on the chair.. are you going to add 2 more?

xxxx for shadow

Shadow

Hi Lynn. Thanks for the good eye! Ran the gamut warning to help me get the blue down. Let me know what you think. Think I should bring the white of the shirt back up a notch or two?
And Beth, tried to do some shading with the lamp. OK? Is the chest believable?
Have a good night gang.

Lynnya

Hi Lyn,

On my monitor it's looking really great! and yes the chest looks great.. I copied your image and did a hue sat layer and reduced the blue's a tad.. I think it looked better to me, also did another layer on selective color on the whites and reduced the blacks in the white just a tad on the shirt.. it's subjective so I don't know..
I think you've done a beautiful job :up: makes me smile..

Shadow

Great minds! Thanks Lynn. I added the H/S to get those blues down and bumped up the whites. Really appreciate your good eye. Have a good one  ;)

Lynnya

Oh you nailed it girl!! Looks beautiful! :loveit:

Shadow

Lynn, you are too kind. The little boy looks pretty good, the furniture ... :knuppel:  Jonas is going to put this one back on his gallery so someone with more experience can restore it for them. It's for the best.

Mhayes

Shadow, I think you did a very nice job.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow

I appreciate your kind words.
You have a great rest-of-the-weekend!

Hannie

Great job!

:up2:

Hannie