• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Boys

Started by levb, September 30, 2016, 12:44:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

levb

Original:

Current state:

I think the kids are OK already, but I need to somehow remove all those bright colors from the tree.
What do you think?

Lynnya

Hi Levb,

I think what I'd do (and this is just me mind you, others may have a better solution)  I would select parts of the good leaves, control J putting them on a new layer, drag that layer over the damaged part, then Alt mask will hide all. Then brush back in the leaves you want.. If you did that several times with different leaves it might work. Also could burn bits that are left.  I often find that Cntrol J gives me a better more realistic effect than cloning. Worth a try.. let me know how it goes :up:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

lurch

<C>

levb

One more thing. Look at the boy who's holding his brother. Do his eyes look natural?

Lynnya

No.. his left eye has damage of some sort and looks like it's not in it's correct place.. I think it's too low and needs the rims fading out some.. I played with it a bit and came up with this.. tricky tho...
I stole the eye from the other boy put it on a new layer, hid it then painted it in a bit, blurred it, pushed it up a bit.. not that good but a bit more natural I think.. what say you..
Faces are so hard... I also cut the outer corner off the eye as it's mostly a sideish view. Hope this helps.. let me know..
Lynn

Beth

The eye looks lots better Lynnya.  I wouldn't have even tried this photo levb, you're braver than I am. 

Lynnya

I didn't take it lol... it's Levb's image.. really hard one...

Hannie

Nice fix on the eye Lynnya. 
Lev, you could use the Patch tool to fix the trees?  There are different setting to make the patch fit better. 

Great job so far, you did your best to preserve what was there and only repair the damaged parts. You could use Lynnya's eye fix. 

I know you are still working this restore but once you are done it may be a good idea to zoom in really close and repair some of the leftover damage.  I'm sure that will fix the "contrasty" appearance that Lurch mentioned earlier. 

:up2:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

levb

Sorry for not replying sooner, I was on vacation.
Very good fix, Lynnya, thanks.
I don't know if I'm brave or stupid...

Lynnya

Mhayes

"I don't know if I'm brave or stupid..."  We always go with BRAVE, otherwise we crack under pressure. It is only when we stare at our monitor in a moment of panic that we think of stupid.  ;D 

Margie

P.S. Some volunteers crack and accuse their distributor of a "bait & switch."
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

levb

How about this?

I followed Lynnya's advice and copied parts of the tree to other parts.

Hannie

Great job on the tress Lev!

It is a good idea to do color correction etc before damage control.  You will notice now when you color correct that there is still lots of damage left.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Lynnya

Looking great Lev, I'm seeing a little damage on the left hand boy though.. trees look really good  :up:

Marydh

Hannie,  I've often wondered about doing color correction when there is a lot of damage.  Would the damage not throw off the correction?
Thanks,
Mary