• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

New Gallery Added: Margie's Forum Gallery

Started by Mhayes, September 24, 2016, 01:16:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Hi Everyone,

I have added a 4th Gallery to PhotoShelter called: Margie's Forum Gallery. It's is open to everyone and you will request and get your photo just the same as you would the other three. However, this one has a stipulation and that is that you will post your original and your WIP on the OPR Forum. It will work two ways. #1 it will help a volunteer to get help and #2 for the volunteer that feels they would like to share and post the photo and the steps they went through to get the finished restored photo. If the volunteer uploads back the finished photo and it was not posted on the Forum, it will not be accepted and that photo will be put back out for the next person.

BTW my gallery has some really nice photos. I think you will find this fun and it will help everyone. The Forum used to be very active and I think it can be again with your help.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Pat

What a wonderful way to get the tips and techniques flowing again on the forum Margie!  There is often more than one way to "skin a cat" with Photoshop and it is always fun as well a useful to learn how others approach a particular problem.

Pat     

Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Mhayes

Pat, I agree and wish more volunteers would take advantage of the Forum. One thing I ask is that those posting photos, don't delete (remove from the location on your hard drive or delete on PhotoBucket, or others) after you have finished as that leaves a blank in the post and takes away from seeing how the photo progressed.

The photos in my gallery are really better than some of the difficult ones passing through--grab on now before they are gone.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Beth

My experience with Margie's Forum Gallery was very positive.  You just have to be open to suggestions and don't fall in love with your own work so much that you feel insulted when someone points something out to you. We all see things slightly different and sometimes a thing will pop out at one person when you never notice it.

The one thing I have been disappointed in since joining OPR was the lack of forum participation by the majority of the members.  I hope Margie's efforts pay off with more forum action.

Thank you Margie!

Mhayes

Beth,

Thanks so much for participating as I learn something new from you. I agree that the Forum often goes dead and it puts me in mind--almost have to be a farmer to appreciate this--of priming a well to get the water to flow. Everything works great when you keep pumping, but let it go for a time and you have to start priming all over again.

I know that forum posting is not for everyone. Plus, it means that you need a storage site (free) where you can save your work and link it to on the Forum page. If all of the photos the distributors got back were fine and needed no further work, then I could understand why volunteers wouldn't like having more work to do The problem is that the distributors are having photos being returned 2-3 time that need more work. It's nice to have a private tutor, but that isn't what your distributor is there for--that is why we have the Forum.

Beth, you put a lot of effort into this and gave us a video that made it even better. I can't thank you enough! I got your upload and she looks beautiful.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Brilliant!  What a great move Margie, this will bring the forum back to live again.
(have been off line myself for the last 2 weeks due to computer problems)

Beth, I also love your tip:  "You just have to be open to suggestions and don't fall in love with your own work so much that you feel insulted when someone points something out to you"
The forum is such a wonderful learning place, I Always look forward to volunteers posting their work and everyone chips in to lend a helping hand (or eye).

Posting work in progress on the forum before finishing and uploading will help the distributors so much, I hope more volunteers will take part.

:up:

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]