• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Time to complete a restore

Started by MarkRouleau, September 11, 2016, 02:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkRouleau

So I've been looking at the Easy/Medium/Difficult forums, and noticed that there are estimated times for completing each level, ranging from 30 minutes for Easy to 1-2 hours+ for a Difficult image.

Does that seem right? Are y'all really that fast, or am I really that slow?

It took me 4-5 hours for my test image.  Just wondering if there's some magic shortcuts I don't know about?

Lynnya

Hi Mark Welcome from Florida  :cool:  I think the times seem a bit short to me.. easy restore I spose could be half an hour but I'd say more like an hour.. and difficult ones (for me anyway) can take four hours to days. I think a lot of it depends on how experienced one is and how much time you put in each day.. I don't feel there is any pressure to finish an image... it's more getting it right ... I think.. that's just my take on it.
As to magic short cuts.. if you hear of any please let us all know...I'm still looking for one. And as far as I'm concerned I take my time and enjoy  :up:
Lynn
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Mhayes

Hi Mark,

Those times are carry overs from the beginning days and should be amended. Most restores except for the difficult ones are expected back in a couple of days. For the difficult ones it could take 4-5 days or longer. Touch base with your distributor so she know what is going on and if you have problems post to the Forum for help.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

Times and examples have been revised.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Thanks Tess. Maybe on the really, really difficult ones you could put: "Before you die?" Okay a little sick humor.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

benmk21600

It takes me a week to complete the easy ones  :wow:
but I`m getting better .....
Using the tools I have to hopefully help..

Kdcintx

I've done  from easy to very difficult ones.  On some very difficult ones, I may have spent up to 20 hours spread over a 2 - 3 week stretch. It just takes as long as it takes.  Everyone will be different. 

Mhayes

Wow, this was a post started in 2016. It just takes as long as it takes Yes, but within reason as we really would like them back not later than 2 weeks. With families that have lots of photos, not so much a problem, but waiting for a long time on one photo means that the distributor can't send the photos to QC and then out to be printed. Another good reason to post to the Forum.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]