• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Response to Photo Picks

Started by Auset Anima, August 31, 2016, 04:38:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Auset Anima

Good day all,

Over the past few weeks I've selected photos with in photo shelter as choices for restoration. During this time I have not received any response to my choices that have seen those choices removed from the galleries. I've selected two more this week within Jonas's gallery and just one to make sure that it wasn't any reason why I haven't received any response.

Mhayes

Good day Auset,

If you request a photo and you do not get it and you come back and it is gone, it is because someone before you made a comment first. There will be times when the distributor will see a stack of comments requesting a certain photo. The distributor can see who made the first comment and it will go to that volunteer first. That is why it pays to pick a couple or three and on each one say whether it is 1st choice of 3, 2nd choice of 3, etc. Do not make more than that as it clutters things up and results in confusion. Hopefully you will get this next one and Jonas can see if you made the comment in the right place. If you make your comment in lightbox, no one will see it.

Hope that helps?

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Pat

Hi Auset,

There are 3 things to keep in mind when selecting a photo to restore:

1)     Go to the gallery; click on the photo and then click add a comment.  Put in the comment box that opens Choice 1 of 2 or Choice 2 of 2 depending on whether it is the first or second photo you are requesting.  Caution:  Please do not click on the Operation Photo Rescue CONTACT link below the photo as the distributor will not be able to see your choice.  Please do not add the photo to lightbox as the distributor will not be able to see it.

2)     Wait for the invite email from the gallery distributor. 

3)     Click on the download link of the invite email to download the photo.

Please keep in mind some photos get several comments from volunteers that would like to down load a photo to restore.  Normally the first volunteer will get the photo.  It still can take a couple of days to find out if you will be getting the photo because the gallery distributors are in different times zones, (Germany, Australia and Las Vegas). 

Happy restoring,
Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author