• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Freckled photo

Started by Beth, August 25, 2016, 11:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beth

Newbie here with my first photo.  It didn't look like it in the photoshelter gallery but this photo is covered in "freckles".  I don't know the best way to try to remove these. Is it acceptable to paint over them like I have done?  Or am I just in over my head?  I don't want to put hours into a process that won't be acceptable.  Thank you for your insights!

Hannie

Beth, not sure what the original looked like but if what is now smooth was freckled like the lower part you did an amazing paint job!  It looks very natural.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Beth

Thank you Hannie.  :)  Yes, the entire photo is covered in these splotches. I'm going to keep going and see what happens.

Candice

Quote from: Beth on August 26, 2016, 10:21:41 AM
Thank you Hannie.  :)  Yes, the entire photo is covered in these splotches. I'm going to keep going and see what happens.

You've gotta watch Margie and Tess.  They like bringing out the blotch, mold, and scratch machine.

Looking great so far.  I look forward to seeing the end result.
Candice

Beth

I'd like to know where they keep that machine.  We could smash it!   :funny:

Candice

You wouldn't be the only one!!   :knuppel:  I've been looking for it for a decade now! 
Candice

Hannie

I don't know where Margie and Tess keep it but it looks like this:

They also have a portable one that only Mike knows how to use:

Hannie
:-X
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Beth

Here's where I'm at with this photo.  Please let me know what you think I need to do to improve it.

Here's the original

Candice

Quote from: Hannie on August 26, 2016, 11:58:07 AM
I don't know where Margie and Tess keep it but it looks like this:

They also have a portable one that only Mike knows how to use:

Hannie
:-X

LOL  LOL  Good thing I didn't have coffee in my mouth.  It would have hit the keyboard!  That's hilarious, Hannie
Candice

Candice

Beth, here's a couple of old backgrounds you may want to keep in your files.

Candice

Beth

Great backgrounds Candice!  Unfortunately it won't let me download them. It says downloading is disabled.