• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Soldier ~ Guarino

Started by Candice, August 20, 2016, 09:00:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candice

Original
Candice

Hannie

Beautiful repairs Candice and great background too!

Two small picks, his left ear could use a little more shading.  The top of the visor has too much highlight if I compare it to the original photo.  (the brim can stay highlighted).

Great job,

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Candice

I'm working on those very things this morning, Hannie.  A little  more on the face, too.   :hug:
Candice

Hannie

Candy, I was thinking even a little more toning down of the visor highlight?

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Candice

Quote from: Hannie on August 21, 2016, 02:37:04 PM
Candy, I was thinking even a little more toning down of the visor highlight?

I can do that.  I also caught an error on the pocket with the name tag.  Silly me!!  LOL
Candice

Mhayes

Candice, beautiful work on a difficult photo. The one thing that I'm having a real problem with is that in the original his shirt is white? You are the expert on military uniforms, but are you sure this is correct? The damage makes his uniform look blue or purple and I know that damage could have cause that, but even when I color correct I can't get brown/green. Also, on his chin is a bit of a discoloration.

Would you want me to reach out to the family for more information?

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

Quote from: Mhayes on August 21, 2016, 11:43:38 PM
Candice, beautiful work on a difficult photo. The one thing that I'm having a real problem with is that in the original his shirt is white? You are the expert on military uniforms, but are you sure this is correct? The damage makes his uniform look blue or purple and I know that damage could have cause that, but even when I color correct I can't get brown/green. Also, on his chin is a bit of a discoloration.

Would you want me to reach out to the family for more information?

Margie

Usually the uniform for a young Army soldier was OD (olive drab) green and the shirt was light green or khaki.  Yes, it would help if you reached out to the family.  You might ask the family what years this young man served.  This shows you the Vietnam era uniform.  I remember my brothers in this one.

https://www.easterncostume.com/content/description-coming-soon-68

PS... As for the chin.  I saw that earlier.  I haven't had the chance to work on that yet but I will. 
Candice

Mhayes

Candice, here is the owners reply on email: Yes that's me in my Army uniform. Uniform is green, shirt is kacki & tie is black." Looks like you got it correct, it still seems like the shirt is too dark, but that's just me.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

Visor and chin areas worked on, as well as the pocket.  I can lighten the shirt, Margie.  Thanks for checking with them.
Candice

Mhayes

Candice, since you know your uniforms, let's leave it. Nice job@  :up:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

Quote from: Mhayes on August 22, 2016, 10:30:19 PM
Candice, since you know your uniforms, let's leave it. Nice job@  :up:

Margie

Visor glare removed. Chin glare removed. Corrected the color of the shirt to get it closer to the khaki resource.  (It was more green than khaki, Margie.)  Lastly, I finalized the OD Green of the uniform.

Final picture is coming.
Candice

Mhayes

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

Quote from: Mhayes on August 24, 2016, 04:58:46 PM
Great job!  :up:

Margie

Thank you Margie.  Tess had a couple more requests.  They were changed and off he went.  Here is the final picture.

Candice