• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Halos around lights

Started by ohfer, August 17, 2016, 08:10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ohfer

It's been awhile since I've done a restoration so I chose an easy one to start out with. I'm wondering about the difference in the halos around the field lights between the original and the one in progress. After doing a level adjustment they seem so much...bigger. If it was humid on the night the pic was taken they very well could have appeared that big in the original. I'm wracked with indecision about it.

Also, general critique is welcome. Thank you!

Original:

WIP:

ohfer

I'm going to assume the halos are okay as-is since no one has said otherwise. Thanks for taking a look! :-)

Hannie

The halos will be a little brighter than in the original but yours seems to have blown out just a little too much.  Your could tone them down some with an adjustment layer and layer mask?

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

ohfer

Thanks, Hannie! Sometimes I'm the only one who thinks something looks off, so I wanted to make sure I wasn't seeing things.

I did a layer mask and added the result to the end of my OP. There's some image degradation from Photobucket--there's more of a difference between the WIP I posted last night and the newer version than it appears.

Layer mask added:

Hannie

Great job Lynette!
One small pick, it is better to post you revised work in your new post instead of editing the older post with a new image. 
For future users it makes more sense this way.

Thanks,

Hannie

ps
just edited your posts
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

ohfer

Hannie

Lynette, could you also upload your first WIP to Photobucket?  It seems to have disappeared.

Thanks so much,

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

ohfer

Fixed. I have no idea what happened there.   :wow: