• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Needing Advice

Started by Ilona, July 29, 2016, 11:02:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ilona

Hello, I'm sorry this restoration took me so long, I also had trouble with network recently, and I need to ask about some parts of the photo;

1. The table : I don't think my restoration looks right, is that a "column" on the corner of the table, instead of the one horizontal piece of wood I placed?
2. The gift : I used comic panel images to recreate the wrapping paper (left and right side). Is that okay and should I do the same for the whole paper?
3. The carpet : Does the pattern look right? (traced with red outlines to show) And do I clone the pattern to the damaged far right part?
4. Most of all, the toy : I had to redraw the toy on the right, does it look okay so far? I am not sure how the bottom part of the toy looks like.. Are there wheels? Maybe somebody can sketch a rough outline for me to work on  :)

Thank you before!

WIP:

Before:
Cheers, Ilona

Mhayes

Hi Ilona,

1.  I don't think we can tell, so I would leave as your have it.
2. I think the gift look fine.
3. Almost didn't read the part about tracing the pattern and couldn't figure out why the red outline. Yes, you can clone or you can take the marquee tool copy what you want and contr'l J to copy to the next layer. Move and then do a layer mask where you conceal all and then bring back in parts to look right.
4. I think your toy looks great.

Only a couple of things that catch my eye is that is the streaks by the light switch(?) on the right and maybe the walls have a little of a greenish cast. The armrest on your left hand side has a pronounced white spot and the pillow has a pink tinge. Other than that, great job!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Ilona

Hi Margie, thank you so much for your response! I will do as you advised :) will update again ASAP
Cheers, Ilona

Ilona

Hello again!
So I did as advised, and here is the result :

Does everything look good? Anything I need to fix?

Thanks!
Cheers, Ilona

Mhayes

Ilona, looks great to me and now ready to be uploaded to your distributor.  :up:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Ilona

Cheers, Ilona