• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Photo cut into a shape

Started by Beauseant, July 19, 2016, 07:01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beauseant

Hi - new member here.  First photo.  It is cut into a shape, do I fill in the missing parts or just color correct and retouch the damage?   The parts that are cut appear to be purposeful, not torn.

Thanks for the help.

Tori803

Hi Beauseant, and welcome!

I think I would fill in the missing parts unless you can't tell what was there. Then those corners will match (color, etc.) without a problem, and Quality Control can remove them if they want to.
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Beauseant

It's a mother and new baby with a "grade school background".  It has autumn trees.

Tori803

I saw the photo; I think maybe they tried to cut away the damaged area. So I would try to replace the bare spots by copying/pasting from the good area and trying to make the limbs and leaves match up.
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Mhayes

Beauseant, Tori is right about that the damage was cut out and you will need to borrow from the good area. Kind of like having a puzzle with a missing piece.

Welcome to the forum and if you need more help, post the original and your WIP.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Beauseant

Thank you both for your help.  Photo is completed and ready to upload.  If you look very closely at the (my) right side of the nose there appears to me to be a nose stud.  I have completed two photos.  One with and one without.  How do I let Bambi or whoever will be looking at this photo that there are two versions, because if you don't look closely you will miss it. 

Second question.  Do you feedback on your photos.  Not necessarily things that need to be done over, I know you would hear about that, but hints that might make it better. 

Mhayes

Hi Beauseant,

When photos are uploaded, the distributor of the photo--in this case Bambi--will see your return and will note there are two versions. She will pick one or maybe both. If your photo needs more work, she will will let you know what needs to be done. If the photo(s) is good to go, she will also let you know so that you can now choose another to restore.

Thanks, and hope you had fun doing your restore.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Hi Beauseant,

To answer your question about extra feedback:  before you upload your finished restore to your distributor you can post it here asking  for hints to improve your work.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]