• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Helping West Virginia After Record Floods

Started by Mhayes, July 15, 2016, 12:12:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Hi Everyone,

On June 23, 2016, West Virginia was hit with a 1,000 year flood that took the lives of 23 people. OPR is in the planning stage of organizing a copy run to help. They say a picture is worth a 1,000 words and I think the following photos that we were given permission by Jeromy Rose and Chris Drennen speaks volumes.

This photo taken by and of Jeromy Rose and his daughter Sabine, had to be painful as behind him is their home town of Richwood, WV flooded. The flood took out their library, school, shopping centers, and much more. The young girl's hands formed into a heart is heartbreaking.

Another photo by Jeromy Rose of the water rushing through the town.

This photo by Chris Drennen

In the days ahead I will add information and photos. There are so many towns hit by the massing flooding that I want in the days ahead to show more.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Mhayes

An email we received asking for help, her name withheld for privacy. We responded and will keep her in the loop.

QuoteMy family and I  live in Camden on Gauley, WV and in June had almost eight feet of flood water inside the house. We did throw many of our photos away unfortunately,  but kept many that are messed up. I would love it if you were able to help us get them fixed. PLEASE send me more information and PLEASE let me know if your able to come to our area. Thank you so much for doing what you do and I hope I will get to see you in the near future.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tori803

Thanks for the update Margie. Hope we can help them out.
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Hannie

Very impressive report and photos Margie.
So glad we may be able to help with the photos.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]