• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Is this reconstruction close enough?

Started by Jo Ann Snover, May 29, 2016, 10:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo Ann Snover

This is an image that has very little information - just some parts of the top of the face in the blue channel - for one of the three men shown. I was very skeptical that I could do anything useful for this person, but Bambi persuaded me to give it a shot. My concern is that the family should be able to recognize the person, and I'm not sure I've met that standard. This is a work in progress and I've asked Bambi for feedback and thought I'd see if anyone else had some thoughts or suggestions to guide me.

Original

Blue channel

Work in progress (portions of flat color were just to block out where legs/arms etc. would go; they will get restored).

Thanks for any suggestions
Jo Ann

Mhayes

Jo Ann,

You really have done great on a really difficult photo. Unfortunately the young man on your left looks like a clone of the man right--especially the eyes. For his lower jaw and nose, you don't have a lot to go on, but the eyes have enough information. Great job.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Bambi

I agree with Margie. The eyes in the blue channel are good. The nose, mouth and jaw reconstruction are necessary and you've done a good job to change the features slightly. If you can restore the rest of the face from the blue channel, it will be perfect.

You are a hero for taking this one on. And sticking with it.

Jo Ann Snover

Thanks for the feedback. Let me see what I can do.
Jo Ann

Jo Ann Snover

Here's an attempt to make the eyes and eyebrows look like the fragments in the blue channel. See if you think this is an improvement

Jo Ann

Hannie

Great job on the eyes Jo Ann.

:up2:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]