• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Recreating a head

Started by levb, May 07, 2016, 11:12:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

levb

This is the original:

This is my current version:

The toddler's hair looks unnatural. Here it is 1:1

What should I do about it? Also, is the floor OK? To me its colors look unnatural, but maybe it was indeed lighted that way?

Thanks,
Lev

Tori803

Hi Lev. I'm not able to see your photos, just broken links.
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

levb

Whoops!

This is the original:

This is my current version:

And the toddler's head 1:1

What should I do about it? Also, is the floor OK? To me its colors look unnatural, but maybe it was indeed lighted that way?

Lev

Tori803

It looks to me like the forehead is a bit too wide, perhaps bring it in just a little, and adjust the color to match the rest of the forehead better. I think the pattern of white spots indicates that they are all dust or damage, so I would clean them all up. As to the floor tile in the foreground, I think, if you compare the blue channel, that tile is a different color than the rest, perhaps a replacement tile. Also, if you look at the cabinet in the back on the blue channel, the color on the right side should be the same as the rest of the cabinet; the darker blue on the right is probably damage. Just my impression; someone else may think differently.
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

kiska

Here's some help on the forehead. The floor tiles could be terra cotta or gray. Maybe your distributor could find out.

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

levb

Tori, kiska, thanks for your help!