• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Photos in gallery

Started by tozga, April 21, 2016, 08:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tozga

I would like to work on some of the more difficult photos currently available. It makes sense to work one photo at a time, but it would be helpful to have access to more photos from the same gallery. Example: photos taken at a wedding would have the same people and sometimes the same background which can be used with the photo you are attempting to restore. Is this something you would be willing to do?
Thank you
Tom

Mhayes

Tozga,

That is something we do, but you need to check with your distributor. Sometimes even a finished photo from another volunteer can help. If the photo is really difficult we don't want too many out to one person because of the time factor. Getting more than one photo also depends on your track record. If a distributor is comfortable with your work, the more apt you are to be able to ask for a similar one from the same family. Where we draw the line is when some really nice photos are out we want everyone to have a chance at them. Wedding photos you do have a point in that you want them to look consistent. That is where Quality Control comes in after all the photos return.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

tozga

Jo Ann Snover

I have asked for (and been given) another photo from the same batch to get some details on obliterated items in the one I was working on. It can be really helpful - and doesn't preclude someone else being assigned the same photo if they're available.

I tried something earlier today (and don't yet know if it works) in putting in comments for my next photo. I asked for the one I had previously used as a reference. I also put a comment on a different photo from the batch asking for a copy of that for reference - different missing bits  where my completed photo doesn't help.

If it works for the distributor, and isn't confusing, it seemed that making the request for an assignment and one or two reference photos up front would streamline the process and make less work for the distributor.
Jo Ann

Mhayes

Better yet would be to send an email to the distributor of that gallery so if doesn't become really confusing with all the comments. Multiple comments/requests are stacked as they come come in.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Jo Ann Snover

Jo Ann