• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Young Man

Started by Candice, February 18, 2016, 02:22:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candice

Quote from: Mhayes on February 28, 2016, 09:02:12 PM
Candice, I think it works very well. While it may no longer look like an actural photograph, it is a great job in doing a painting of the likeness of a badly damaged photo.  :up:

Margie

If you have a full artist on board Margie, you will get the desired result.  I know that I worked very hard on it and I hope you'll sent it back home or at least show them the love I put into it. 

Thank you for your help and encouragement.  I sent it to Jonas, but have not heard from him yet.  I hope he got it! 

Candy
Candice

Jonas.Wendorf

Hi Candy,

thanks for your upload!
The work you put into it really shows! Thanks for your efforts :)
Best regards,
Jonas

Candice

Thanks Jonas.  I hope that someone can take it the rest of the way.  If they do, I'd love to see it.
Candice

jesterjeni

I wanted to see if I could get a better view of what this kid may look like.. I don't know where to take it from here ?? but I thought I would share my efforts.

Mhayes

HI Jesterjeni,

I think you have done a great job on the face and it is still a work in progress. Continue to work from left to right. The hand with have to look not so fresh as it doesn't look right with the rest, but soften the edges and more noise it will fit in. I think I would not include the ring as I can't tell whether it is damage or not. Once you get the face, neck, and hand--start on the suit. For that you don't need details, just a fill in since there are no longer details and any attempt wouldn't work. Last will be the back ground.

Thanks for taking on what I would call a non-restore.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

jesterjeni

advice?
I think I am  stuck !
trying to make the fellow look realistic.

Mhayes

Jesterjeni,

You did a great job with this young man's complexion. For some reason I find that he looks like a young man in the B/W version, but in color he looks older. Why, I don't know.  Maybe his jowl on your left is fuller. What I would not do is use the background you have picked, but rather I would take the damaged one and use a Gaussian Blur to cause it to blend, or in B/W with a dark gray perhaps use a gradient. These are small nit-pics on a great effort.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

kiska

The ring is way too sharp for the rest of the image. And should the hand be there at all???
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Hannie

Kiska, the hand is there in the original that Candice posted on the other page.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

kiska

OOPS! Shoulda "turned the page".
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro