• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Hi everyone!

Started by JulieNicoleD, February 01, 2016, 10:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JulieNicoleD

Hey everyone!  I am a new volunteer and so excited to be a part of this great work.  I have so much respect for the work you all are doing.  My name is Julie and I live in the Seattle, WA area.  I am working on my first photo and it is SO HARD!  And by the looks of it, it is one of the easiest ones.  I have a lot to learn and am so excited to learn from you all!  I will say thank you in advance as I know I will be needing help.   :)

Tori803

Hi Julie, and welcome to the Forum! Yes, those photos never look quite so bad until you download them and see them up close! Don't worry, there's lots of advice available on the Forum. First, please feel free to post your work-in-progress to the Forum (instructions on how to do that: http://www.operationphotorescue.org/forum/index.php/topic,1837.0.html

Also, if you find that the photo proves too much for, just let your distributor know and they can return it to the galleries for someone else to work on. Then keep checking the galleries for one you feel more comfortable with!

Best wishes and have fun,

Tori
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Mike S.

Hello Julie,

Welcome to OPR and the Forum.  Sometimes it seems that the photos look a lot worse than initially thought and there are rumors of someone buying a new mucking machine.  No one will own up to it but there has been a photo circulated with a well know member of OPR riding in it.  All kidding aside restoring a photo is very rewarding after it is complete.  Feel free to take Victoria's advice if you get stuck, you will get all kinds of tips.

Mike
Mike S.

philbach

Welcome Julie I think you will really like this forum.  All of us have been where you are now.  This forum has numerous experts who are more than willing to kindly help you move along.  Enjoy the ride.

Phil
phil

Hannie

Julie,a warm welcome to the forum and congratulations on your first OPR project! 
Some of the photos are very hard to restore and you caught one of them, hope you will not get discouraged. 
Mike mentioned the new mucking machine, apparently this new machine is now much smaller and easier to hide... (the operator looks somewhat familiar)

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Candice

Sending a welcome from the great state of Oklahma!!  Hi Julie!!
Candice

Mhayes

Hi Julie, don't panic when you get stuck, although Hannie's behind the scenes photo of Mike might cause you too. We all started as beginners and worked our way up. The great part about the Forum is that you will get plenty of help and progress faster. Hope to see you on the Forum again.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Pat

I asked Mike what all that clanging and banging was coming from down in the basement.  He said it was just the hot water heater needing fixing.   ???
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

JulieNicoleD

Thanks for the great welcome everyone!  :)