• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Where did the Right Arm go?

Started by philbach, January 23, 2016, 07:18:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

philbach

Another question.  Is that her foot poking out from under dress or an artifact? 
phil

Tori803

I don't think that's a foot. If it were, it would be either a sandal or a ballet shoe, which aren't appropriate to the dress or time. So it's probably just damage.
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

philbach

phil

philbach

Well I shaded some and added a background in.  The element on the right could have been a column

phil

Tori803

Hi Phil,

You're making good progress on the dress and arms. Her eyes look a little odd to me, though.

When I look at the pillar, this is what I see:

Tori

philbach

Tori, thanks so much for taking the time to show me what can be done with the pillar.  I know that wasn't very easy to do.  As for myself I will go back to the tablet and have at it.
phil

philbach

My next issue is what to do with the background.   The statue on the right background is tilted.  Its tempting to tilt it back.  If it stays put, perhaps the floor plane is tilted like the statue.
Just wondering what you think.  As yet I have not tried to blend the edges into the background until I place a background. 

phil

Tori803

I think the only way the perspective makes any sense is if the pillar/statue thing is sitting on some kind of stand, which we can't see at all. I think the statue must be right up against the wall or backdrop. That would make the wall begin much lower in the image. I see the tilt of the statue, but what we see might be due to damage or the angle the statue is sitting at, so I wouldn't emphasize the tilt.

I wouldn't put much detail in the background. This texture you have now is probably best. I wouldn't emphasize where the wall joins the floor either, since we can't be completely sure where it is. The main goal would be to make sure she isn't floating in the image.

Sorry that's not more helpful! The more I look at this the happier I am I'm not working on it  :up:
Tori

kiska

Maybe it's a very ornate chair? That might explain the tilt.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

philbach

Well I lightened the foreground some and shaded some more and submitted the photo and it has been approved.   Thanks so much everyone.  I really appreciate your help.  As I looked out my door this morning I took this photo.   But inspite of the cold weather, I had a warm glow in my heart for the experts working with OPR

phil

Mhayes

:up:

Beautiful scene, but burrrrr!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]