• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Help with photo

Started by jim35010, January 06, 2016, 08:52:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jim35010

I am new to OPR and hope this comes through!  Look at the attached photos and let me know how you would correct.
Thanks
Jim

Hannie

Hi Jim, welcome to the forum!  Great repair job on your first OPR restore.
Color correction is not so easy here, the photo was blown out to start with and you took care of that.

I think the color should be adjusted some more as described in the OPR Techniques Handbook.  You will find that the R, G and B slider will have to come in more from right.

Drawback of doing color corrections after repairs is that "new" damage will appear so it is best to do all color corrections before damage control. 
When I finish my restores I always zoom in real close to look for any leftover damage.

:up2:

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

jim35010

Thanks Hannie,
I think my view of color correction is somewhat off, because it is subjective.  I have always adjusted as described, and usually have good luck with it.  Bambi, said she had done some tweaking and sent on.  My issue is I'm not sure just how far to go with it.  I know we aren't supposed to get in to retouching, so I am tempted to stop when it seems to still need more work.  Anyway, thanks.
Jim