• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

One of those

Started by G3User, November 19, 2015, 10:16:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G3User

You know what I mean, every time you open it you can't resist having a fiddle with the skin tone/white balance. The greenish tint to the background confuses things, you waste a lot of time and are never sure of the result :(

So here is where I am at, it is very rough still. It looks like a professional photo but the background, which I will replace is looking to be white which seems unusual. The girls top appears to be very similar to the background.

There is no useful information for the man and woman much below shoulder height so a vignette seems like the way to go.

Appreciate comments as usual

Athol

Mhayes

Athol,

I think what you see in front is a group of those lava candles--you know the ones, you plug in and a mushroom glob floats to the surface onlyto fall back down? Okay, probably not.  ???  I like what you have done so far with the exception of the man's shirt. I guess I don't like the color and want some texture to it. It looks like the shirt has a pattern and you don't have enough info to use Great job on their faces! I agree on the vignette and make the edge of it soft.  As to the background color--good luck. Perhaps something like the color between their heads.

Nice to see you picking a photo that will keep you busy and out of trouble.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Athol, great job on the faces! What about a crop, you would lose the lava lamps though...

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

G3User

Somehow Margie and Lava Lamps seem to go together don't you think Hannie.

We of the younger generation are more into Light Sabres and smart men's shirts. Checks are so yesterday.

I have continued with the vignette as attached but will have a look at a cropped version as well.

Athol

lurch

There's a sharp edge under the man's center. Likewise under the woman's right shoulder. These are a sign that the vignette is too small. Either extend the man's shirt and the woman's blouse (preferable) or make the vignette smaller. Otherwise, the restore is just fine.
<C>

G3User

Thanks Lurch,

I fiddled with the size and position of the vignette before posting and should have checked closer.

Athol

Hannie

Great job Athol, Lurch has eagle eyes, just what we need.

Still, so regrettable the lava lamps are gone and was looking forward to the Light Sabres as well... 

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]