• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Off to the Races

Started by Candice, November 03, 2015, 12:47:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candice

It's a bit like looking at an ink blot test.     ;)

Candice

Hannie

Candy, what you did is the best that could possibly be done but this image IMHO is non restorable.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Candice

You're right, Hannie, it may be a loss however, I had to try.  This may be as good as it gets.

Candice

Mhayes

Candice, I think you have done a great job and this is going to be as good as it gets. While trying to get feedback on the other document you did, the owner didn't get back with me in time before you were done. However, without it you got the information correct. Thought you would enjoy the reply I got and why this photo is so important.

QuoteThe document looks great, of course!  Yes, you have Major General O.J. Daigle, Jr. correct.

I look forward to receiving it.  By the way, the other document I submitted is probably one of the worst you could get.....It's my father jumping high hurdles at City Park in high school.  He went to Tulane University on an athletic scholarship.  If your organization cannot retrieve the image, I want to find an artist who may be able to re-draw what I convey that I looked at since I was a toddler in that photo.  All of his medals were in a frame with that photo.

Thank you for everything.  I will be sending your organization a donation near Christmas time.  You all sure do deserve it.

Best,

Peggy

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

Margie, I'm still alive and well.  Thankful for your post.  As we know some of the pictures are better than others to work with.  The document was easier because of the remaining detail.  Our Tulane athlete was more difficult.  It reminds me of the young WWI soldier that was hidden in the muck.  I wasn't concerned so much with the background, but rather the athelete. 

Kind words are always welcome.   Our OPR volunteers, staff included, are AWESOME!!
Candice

G3User

An excellent example of knowing when to quit and resist the urge to add what might have been there.

Congratulations Candice, you are much brave than I.

Athol