• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Help Please

Started by Ljeffers, November 02, 2015, 11:48:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ljeffers

I am not sure what to do with the nose and the mouth for this image. I hope that the rest of it looks ok. Any feedback is welcome.

Thanks,
Larry

Hannie

Hi Larry and welcome to the forum!

It would be great if you could post both the before and after of your restore so we can see what the image used to look like.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Ljeffers

Here is the original to compare.

Thanks,
Larry

Mhayes

Hi Larry,

Welcome and great to see you on the Forum. The first thing you always have to do is to color correct. There are different ways to fine tune with either a Levels or Curves Adjustment. I would do the Curves and hit the "Auto" button. You will see a big difference and the background is pretty much toast and can work it last. As to the nose, I would take the lasso tool and circle the current nose and put it on it's own layer and then do a transform if you want it smaller. Move the nose to the right so that the edge of the bottom of the nose lines up with the top. Later you will work it so the color blends in well. The mouth really isn't all that bad. You only need to fix where the damage is at. You can take good info and move into place and then use layer masks to brush in the good parts.

This is photo is going to take lots of work and I would do sections at a time and then post your work and we will help you from there. The blanket the baby is on is only going to show a hint of it and fade into the background.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Mhayes

Larry,

Another way would be to color correct and then while still in sRGB convert to black/white and then colorize. Depends if your are comfortable doing that? Here is a post showing one way to doing that. The more I look at this photo, the more I would be tempted to go that route.
http://www.operationphotorescue.org/forum/index.php/topic,2224.0.html

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Ljeffers

Hi Margie,

I have not tried colorizing a photo before but I think it will be interesting to try. Thanks for the suggestions.

Larry