• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

~National Guard Certificate~

Started by Candice, October 23, 2015, 06:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candice

Candice

Hannie

Candy, what a beautiful result already!  Looks like many hours of work, the colors look really nice.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Galem

I agree, it is looking very clean. It would be nice to know your techniques. I might have approached this in sections. The parts with shadowed elements like the eagle or bold text with shadow would be one layer and a separate technique (that you have already done well). But, for the parts in the lower portion I might put on a separate layer, desaturate, then posterize maybe in just three tones. Then select the black text with the selection tool set to point sample and delete the inverse smudges. I would probably still have to clean up some portions of smudge that turned black, but a lot less clean up than otherwise. If the text became too aliased in all that I would duplicate the text layer and give the bottom text layer a slight blur and then merge those two layers for softer text. This might lead to a bolder text font, but if you were in a hurry - it could work.
Then when everything is cleaned up on layers with transparent background I'd put the paper color as the bottom layer and merge all.
-All that said, this is really turning out well, so whatever you are doing it is working! Thank you for sharing it.
Gayle
Gayle Madden

Mhayes

Nice job Candy, can't wait to see the finished restore.  :up2:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

Galem, you might be surprised to know that I am working on it in different layers/sections. There were up to 20 layers, some just for working on the letters before I merged them.  There are only 6 right now.  :)  It's a WIP done with love.  Before it's all said and done I think it will be acceptable for the family. Thank you for your thoughts.  They are appreciated.

Hannie and Margie, thank you.  We've all been here a long time and seen a lot of great things come through OPR.  We're part of history, too.

Candice

Candice

Here's my update.  I'm searching for signatures now and by golly, found one!

Candice

Pat

Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Hannie

Beeeautiful Candy and great research job on the signature.

:up2:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Candice

Though I can't find their signatures, I believe that I have found who was serving at Adjutant General and Secretary of State.  Maybe their names could be typed in?

See below sources: 

I'll confirm in the morning but I am pretty confident that found the Adjutant General for 1976:  Maj. Gen. O'Neil J. Daigle, Jr
http://www.weeklycitizen.com/article/20100413/NEWS/304139973

Paul Hardy - Louisiana Secretary of State
http://www.acadianmuseum.com/legends.php?viewID=81
Candice

Mhayes

Candice,

Will see what I come up with after talking to family. Great restore and research!  :up:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

Quote from: Mhayes on October 26, 2015, 03:36:52 PM
Candice,

Will see what I come up with after talking to family. Great restore and research!  :up:

Margie

Thank you, Margie, for all you do.  We want the best for our families, that's for sure.
Candice

Candice

Final version.  It's ready to go home, I do believe.

Candice

Pat

Superb job Candy!  The family will be so pleased :up2: :up2:

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Mhayes

Candice, it looks wonderful. I have not been able to reach the family by phone,  but hope to hear back by email.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

I've uploaded it, Margie but you know if there are changes that need to be made it can be done.

Thank you all for your input, help and kind words.
Candice