• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Wedding Portrait

Started by philbach, September 23, 2015, 08:41:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tori803

Looks great Athol! I was wondering, since the flowers are such a hopeless mass (not your fault - there's nothing work with), if it might help to take a like of the green color from the groom's boutonniere and add it to the shadows in the flowers to give just a hint of definition without trying to actually outline any flowers. Or maybe it would be better to eliminate them altogether since they distract from an otherwise great restoration.
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Hannie

This topic is fun to follow, of course I have to have my 2 bits in as well!   

I believe the ribbons are part of the bouquet and not damage, still they look a little off, don't they?  I like Tori's suggestion of adding the green to the bouquet some. 
I used a bouquet from another photo (oh no) and placed it with less opacity so that the ribbons would still show a little.

One more thing that jumped out at me is the bride's face can use a few highlights.  I tried  to do that in my example.

Great job everyone!

Hannie

PS
I am wondering if the bride placed her little crown too much to the right intentionally?   :)

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Hannie, the bouquet looks really nice and the ribbons this way don't look so weird. This has been a fun trip.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

G3User

Thanks Girls :wow: (surely worth some brownie points!)

You both bring up an excellent suggestion, even more so in that it hasn't attracted the wrath of SWMBO. I am still searching for something suitable and may get you to point me at the image you used Hannie.

Looking to add some definition to the brides face as you suggest Hannie. The best results seem to need hue and saturation adjustment as well so back to Restoration and Retouching to refresh the grey matter.

Athol

G3User

Hannie, I haven't been able to find a bouquet that works as well as the one you suggested. I have just copied it from your post and as you had blurred it I suspect the quality is OK. If you can direct me to the original I will do a comparison.

I have added some highlights and a bit of colour to her cheeks as well as adding a small amount of noise. I did attempt to do a complete recolour using a number of different approaches but I obviously need more practice

Athol

Hannie

Athiol that looks good. 

Here is the Original bouquet.  I did not blur it, instead I lowered the opacity.  Not sure any more if I added a clipping mask curves layer as well.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

G3User

Thanks Hannie,

I removed most of the colour except the green and enlarged it as the original flowers looked larger. Much better flowers than I had found.

I think that is about it, tried to get some smile into her mouth so let me know

Athol

Tori803

Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Hannie

Like what you did with the flowers, great job!
Her teeth can use some shading near the corners of her mouth?

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

G3User

Added the shading and sent it on its way

Thanks all

Athol