• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Team challenge #4

Started by Tess (Tassie D), September 13, 2015, 08:31:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tess (Tassie D)

Hi everyone. We received this photo from Nepal which has recently been devastated by an earthquake. The gentleman would love to have this photo of his mother restored if we can? Click for full version.

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

seelcraft

Hi Tess,

is there a higher resolution copy of this available? The image I down loaded from photobucket is very pixelated!

Thanks!
Doug
Chemists have solutions!

Mhayes

Doug,

I will let Tess answer, but thought I would chip in. This is at 600 dpi and was emailed in, so afraid this is as good as you are going to get. I didn't find it pixelated as much as being very weathered and cracked.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Yes, the image could approx. 4x6 inches at 300 dpi.   That is if you download from Photobucked through the download link.  (hover cursor over the setting icon, a wheel, then drop down menu will appear)

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Hannie, it took me the longest time to figure that out. Doug, here is a screen print of where to find it and you will get the higher resolution.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

seelcraft

Thanks for the help! That doubles the resolution!
(Now I get to start cleaning it up all over again..) :P
Doug
Chemists have solutions!

Mhayes

Keeps you off the streets.  :cool:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Katreester

Here is my work on team challenge #4.  I hope someone can add to it or adjust it to make it better.
Though I don't post often, I do appreciate when others do. Thanks Margie for the push :up:
[/URL]

Hannie

Beautiful job Kathleen!  I love what you did, very true to the original.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Great job Kathleen! Thanks for posting on the forum and glad my push helped.  ;)

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

lurch

<C>

Tess (Tassie D)

Just sent Kathleen & Robert's restores of this photo to their owner and received this lovely note.

Thank You all for wonderful work. The restoration is at its best as the pic was heavily damaged :) :)

This pic will surely bring back the happiness in our family and this is the precious gift to our family in this festive time .. :)
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Hannie

Tess, thanks for posting this great reply!
Kathleen brought this photo back to life and did an amazing job.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Candice

That is always music to our ears.  You've all done a great job on a difficult restore!!
Candice

Mhayes

Thanks Tess, Kathleen, and Robert for making this family's day and ours as well!

All of the team challenges brought great results and was great that during our drought of available photos we were able to help. Thanks everyone.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]