• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Team challenge

Started by Jonas.Wendorf, July 27, 2015, 06:04:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannie

Margie, I think the little girl may be a little older on our project photo.  Her hair is long enough for 2 instead of 3 pigtails as in the reference photo.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Hannie, back to the drawing board. This next week I am going to be tied up (don't get your hopes up) with other things and hope the rest of you will attempt this challenge. Remember, everything that is posted is at full 300 dpi and can be downloaded to work on. This is a team challenge. Good luck and have fun!  >:D

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

Just watching... wonderful work Hanna!
Candice

Hannie

Candy,I'm also just watching!  :)

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

G3User

I have been hiding under the bed :-[

Luckily I found a packet of pins there so if there are any complaints about aches and pains you will know I still have the skill.

Athol

Hannie

It will take more than hiding under the bed if we catch you playing with those needles again....

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Katreester

Hello everyone! 
Needed something to do so thought I'd give it a try. Not easy. Was able to use others work.  Hope someone can use this.

[/URL]

Mhayes

Looks pretty good Katreester. I am going to have the owner take a look to make sure we are headed in the right direction. Will post later.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

rdshields

Wow Katreester, it looks great.  Could you please share your steps in making this image come to life?

Thanks,
Rose

rdshields

Oops...sorry, I didn't see the original post by Jonah...with all the steps in creating this image.  Thanks everyone!

Rose

Mhayes

Hi Everyone,

I got an email back from the owner and also explained why the photo of her now looks more like a painting. Normally we don't want that to happen, but in this case the photo was too badly damaged.

QuoteHi Margie

I'm so amazed at how you took the face from reference photo to modify the other one. Seems to be moving in the right direction. I seems to look something like a painting. Is that how the finished product will look?

I was reading the comments from your team. Tell them I am so sorry that it's such a difficult task. However I sincerely appreciate their efforts.

Thanks again
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Memory_Restorer

Well, I saw this and couldn't resist taking a stab at it.  Not sure I'm completely satisfied with it, but maybe someone else can take this and tweak it further?

I tried a different strategy by copying the face from the reference and the dress/arms from a royalty-free stock photo (with permission from the owner).  I had to do a lot of warping and shifting to get it to match the "bones" that were visible in the original. I also had to do a lot of messing with the brightness, contrast, blur, noise, etc so that all the pieces would seem to be part of a whole. I think this is as close as I'm going to get it! 

If anyone wants to mess with the layers separately and try to get it closer, I can send the Photoshop file.  :) 

Hannie

Memory Restorer, I like what you have done.  There was no way the Original face could have been repainted without changing it beyond recognition.  You added the face from the reference photo and gave her a new dress and arms.  I believe that in this case it was the only way to go because we had no reference of what the dress or her arms looked like.  The result looks really natural, good choice and an amazing job!

I added a little toning and contrast, also the other Earring (on her left ear) and some shading under her chin.

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Jonas.Wendorf

This is really coming along :)! Great job everyone!
Best regards,
Jonas

Mhayes

I agree, great job!  :up: :up:

Just got this email back from the owner after seeing the latest: "Picture looks good to me. Cant wait for my mother to see it. Thank you so much. I look forward to seeing you on Friday."

Thanks to everyone who worked on this difficult photo. A group challenge is great because it lets everyone build on the others work. I really didn't think this one would be done in time, but it was. I will be taking the restored photo with me when I fly into New Orleans. More later.

Thanks!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]