• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

I'm stuck!

Started by terryse, April 01, 2015, 02:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryse

I have been working on this photo for weeks now, but just a little bit at a time... and now I'm stuck.

OK, heres the original

And heres where I am at now

This veil is really hard, I have been clone stamping in addition to copying parts from the top that weren't damaged, and then transforming them to fit, but its leaving these weird lightish spots and dark spots.   Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!  Also, theres the grooms ear and shoes, they look funny.  And then theres the mic stand, I know its there, I saw another photo of it in the photoshelter album, and it would be really helpful if there was a constructed mic stand I could copy from.  Has anyone else worked on these photos?

Thanks!
-Sarah
SARAH ELIZABETH TERRY
about.me/sarah.terry

JackR

Hi, Sarah...

It is looking great so far...I think on the vale you've picked up a little of the pattern from the sleeve of the dress giving that light and dark...try using the clone source so you an rotate the cloning and clear it up from parts that are not over the dress arm. On his shoes looks like a little black bleeding onto the white upper part...may need to select the white area, with the pen tool or polygonal lasso tool,  so you can get a good sharp edge...
The early bird gets the worm, but the SECOND mouse gets the cheese...

cheers...

Jack

terryse

the clone source tool! thanks for the tip!
SARAH ELIZABETH TERRY
about.me/sarah.terry

Hannie

Hi Sarah,

I found a set of wedding veil brushes , I used brush 687 set to white and then used the transform tool and opacity to adjust the veil.  Did a quick and dirty job only to show you what I mean.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

JackR

Nice Hannie...looks maybe easier than clone source on this pic...
The early bird gets the worm, but the SECOND mouse gets the cheese...

cheers...

Jack

bjtx

Quote from: Hannie on April 03, 2015, 08:17:01 AM

I found a set of wedding veil brushes , I used brush 687 set to white and then used the transform tool and opacity to adjust the veil.  Did a quick and dirty job only to show you what I mean.

Hannie

The brush you used worked out nicely. Seems that OPR volunteers work on so many wedding photos. Having veil brushes should be of great help.

Betty
(aka - Betty )  CS6, PS CC,  Win 8.1; 175+ restorations so far & hope to do more :) 
Favorite site http://yourshot.nationalgeographic.com/daily-dozen/

terryse

SARAH ELIZABETH TERRY
about.me/sarah.terry

terryse

That brush worked wonders!!

SARAH ELIZABETH TERRY
about.me/sarah.terry