• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Tracking the progress

Started by susanccr, March 27, 2015, 04:06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

susanccr

I have one here that's going to take some time and work to put right, so I thought I'd post here and not only show my progress and workflow but also get some feedback.

Here's what I started with:

The biggest issue I was wrestling with is the fact that there is damage right across both her eyes and not enough information to even make an educated attempt.  Luckily there was another picture of this lovely lady in the gallery so I was able to copy her own eyes.   I'm still working on the blending and shading on her face

I'm working generally right to left - and I still have a LONG way to go.  Here's my progress so far.

As I say - still a long way to go but I'll get there.  I'll post again when I'm further along.

Mhayes

Susan, kudos for taking this one on. You will get a very clear idea of the woman's eyes by looking at Red Channel. The wall will be either white or cream. Keep posting your progress.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

susanccr

Thanks, Margie.  It's a slow process - it seems that every pixel in this photograph needs some attention!!

You're right that the Red Channel is a big help with the eyes.  Because of that I was able to get the placement and size right - now it's really a matter of restoring the area around her eyes in terms of shading and color.  It's not quite right yet but I'll get there.

susanccr

Almost done.  Just finishing up the clothes and background and a few tweaks here and there.

Mhayes

Susan, very nice! See if you can get the gray out around her eyes and his nose. I know you have more to work on, so no comment till you are further along. Enjoy seeing how you are progressing on this one.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]