• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Forum Upgrade

Started by Mhayes, March 25, 2015, 10:53:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Hi Everyone,

We are having some upgrades to the Forum on World Press and I wanted to let you know in case there are some unexpected changes. The upgrades are needed as we have some bugs in the system that will only get worse unless we fix them. Tess has been up till 3 am so mornings trying to find the problem and as many of you that got the latest newsletter know; we are looking for an additional webmaster to ease her load. This might be easy if we were just looking for someone to design our website, but instead we need someone that can trouble shoot.

John Matthews, OPR's volunteer who in the beginning designed our current website, is teaming up with Tess to see if we can get the problems fixed. He is also upgrading to the current World Press, and hopefully nothing gets lost in the process. Thanks John and Tess  :hug:

Margie

P.S. Keep your fingers crossed.

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tori803

Thanks for the advance notice Margie. Hope upgrades go smoothly.
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Pat

Thanks Tess and John  :hug:
Fingers and toes are crossed  :)
Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Tess (Tassie D)

A huge thanks to John for all his hard work getting us upgraded.  :wnw:

Bear with us while the theme, gallery etc are restored.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Hannie

Wow, a whole new interface, great job John!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Chris.

Chris

The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once... A. Einstein

Tori803

This looks great! I was a little worried about finding the latest posts until I spotted the link at the top left  ^-^
Tori

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Tess (Tassie D)

Tori, you can also use the link down the bottom of the main page "View the most recent posts on the forum."
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tori803

Tori

bjtx

John & Tess  - Thanks for the fresh, up-to-date look  :up:
Your hard work is recognized & appreciated.

Betty
(aka - Betty )  CS6, PS CC,  Win 8.1; 175+ restorations so far & hope to do more :) 
Favorite site http://yourshot.nationalgeographic.com/daily-dozen/

John

Glad everyone is able to get in and check things out.  We'll work on adding improvements to bring back some of the old features, but we wanted to take a breather first as the past few nights have been a bit tense not knowing if this was going to work or not.  We didn't want to lose all of the history here and I'm very happy the upgrade worked!

Mhayes

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

Maybe it will grow on me.  LOL 
Candice

Typo