• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Back in the saddle

Started by G3User, March 23, 2015, 02:42:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G3User

and a bit rusty.

Still to finish the hair and face, thank goodness for the blue chan which allowed me to recover his face.

Not sure what the very overexposed view is outside the window, any suggestions?

Ta,  Athol

Hannie

Hi Athol.

I can see  no signs of rust from this end.  ;)
Great job job so far, I think the boy is on the deck of a ship and the light area may be the outline of another ship?

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

philbach

Hi Athol.  I took the blue channel of the original and just darkened the upper part which helps with the background I believe.
phil

Mhayes

Hi Athol, welcome back as it is so lonesome not having you to tease. Photo looks good to me and think Hannie maybe right about another ship.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tori803

Hi Athol,

I', thinking this looks like a boat and the upper part of the photo is water and bubbles from the wake, with some kind of rail. I duplicated the background and multiplied the blend mode to see the water:

Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

G3User

Thanks everyone.
The small undamaged areas do look like water so I suspected he was on a boat/ferry, nice to have some confirmation. There are two rails
Your suggestion about him being at the stern makes sense Tori so I will see what I can do to create something along those lines.
Between house painting and the water I need to get back to completing his face so I would prefer a minimum of victimization from SWMBO this time. ;)

Athol

G3User

Been fiddling with this for too long. There are three areas of his face that look undamaged but using them as a guide to colour produces an unnatural result.

I have used hues from his arm and leg on the attache WIP and it is time for another opinion

Athol

Hannie

Wow, great job Athol, nice water!

What if you darken the back of his head to "ground" it to the pillow a little more?  Skin tone on legs is a little yellow, perhaps even that out to resemble the rest of the skin?

:up2:

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

dle

I'm really impressed. There's no way I could have taken this on and succeeded as you have.
Dave

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
-- Jan L. A. van de Snepscheut (1953–1994)

G3User

Thanks Hannie, done as  you suggested. I always find it worth posting for a review, after concentrating on a particular problem it is easy to become blind to the overall image.

Steady on Dave, you will make me blush. I recall seeing some of your impressive work. I will admit that I did this one while stripping paint off 25 sq m of cement rendered walls and repainting it. It included a laundry so wifey didn't have her washing machine for a few days. Talk about pressure :mad:

Athol

Bambi

I'm with Dave ...  :up2:

Bambi

Mike S.

Really nice work Athol!

A lot of hard work went into it.

Mike
Mike S.

Mhayes

Athol, this looks great!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

G3User

Just shows the benefit of spending a few days training with a 9" roller and 2" brush

:hug:

Athol