• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Not sure what else to do

Started by Barb, March 16, 2015, 12:32:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Hi All,
Still new at all this.  I have this small image (2"x2") and I've made these changes so far.  I tried to soften the missing left hand so that at that size it looks ok.  When you zoom in it's obvious but realistically it's will be printed small.  Any suggestion on what else needs done or how to improve what I've done so far.  Also, are the black marks around the edges suppose to stay or go?
Thanks in advance,
Barb

dle

Hi Barb,

There's really not much more you can do to such a small, blurry image without straying from restoration into invention, and, to my eye, what you've done to restore is completely consistent with the rest. Nice job, especially, on getting the tint right.

I've noticed the in images I've restored that the distributors tend to want background-ish artifacts along the edges cleaned up, so I'd repair the marks in the upper right and along the right hand side to make what's there consistent with the rest of the image.
Dave

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
-- Jan L. A. van de Snepscheut (1953–1994)

kiska

It dows need to be a black/white. And a touch less contrast in the hairdo.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Mhayes

Barb, I would also restore the stripes on the chair by using the parts with good information. Capture the good and put it on a separate layer, move, rotate as needed by using the transform tool. Then I would use a layer mask to paint back in the good part.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Barb

Thanks Dave, Kriska and Margie!
Those are all very helpful suggestions. I'm so glad I posted.