• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Baby Feet

Started by dle, March 06, 2015, 02:40:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dle

Well, I'm struggling with this one:

The sheets and pillows aren't too tough and I'm pretty sure I can polish them off with a bit of work, but the baby's feet need to be reconstructed more or less from scratch. Fortunately, I have some photos with baby feet in them that I can "borrow" from (no, I didn't just lift them from the Internet). The result so far isn't terrible though there are still lots of details I need to work on. For instance the leg shapes aren't quite right and I need to make the PJ cuff on the baby's right leg go around the back, etc. I probably need a bit more noise in the replacement feet. Oh, I could go on for a long while.

But before investing many more hours, I though I'd ask here for suggestions on the overall approach. This is where I am on it at present:

My wife said I should just get a blanket to throw over the where the feet are, and if this were my personal photo, that's exactly what I'd do.

What do you think? Any suggestions for making the feet better "integrate" with the photo?
Dave

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
-- Jan L. A. van de Snepscheut (1953–1994)

Mhayes

Dave, your problem with the baby's feet is one of proportion. On your left the soles of the baby's feet are way too long--you could cut off half the length. On the other side not so bad, but would shorten length of leg to match the other side once the foot is shorten. Good job so far.

Margie 
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Pat

Dave all your time and effort are really paying off.  It's looking great.  Regarding the angle of the feet maybe something just a bit more like this although the foot photo left still looks a bit goofy -my fault not the baby's :)

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

dle

Thanks to both of you for the pointers and suggestions. I'll have a go at foot shrinkage with puppet warp. Hopefully the next version will be closer.
Dave

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.

dle

Sorry it took me a while to get back on this. I got distracted with other things. Be that as it may, here's where I got to with the baby feet:

I know I didn't make the feet quite as small as Pat suggested. I could, but I didn't. Should I push it further? I looked at a bunch of pictures of babies and noted that the feet seem to be about as long as the distance between the baby's eyes. Dunno.
Dave

Pat

Dave, at least you did some "scientific research" regarding the size of baby feet while I was only guessing  :).  Your version looks good to me :up2:

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Mhayes

Great job Dave!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

dle

At long last I managed to put in a few hours on this one. Here's where I am with it.

Suggestions? Maybe ton down the new feet a little?
Dave

Tess (Tassie D)

They look great to me Dave.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

dle

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I learned a good deal doing this one -- there's a reason reconstructing body parts is deemed "hard".

I went over it once more to fix stray spots and sent it on home.
Dave