• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Army ~ Be All That You Can Be

Started by Candice, February 11, 2015, 07:55:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candice

Had to start somewhere and this is where I am presently. 

Candice

dle

Step by step, that's how it's done.

Looks like you got the perspective in the ceiling exactly right, which is pretty impressive considering how little information there is in the original. Were you able to see more in the blue channel or is it all gone?

It could be you have taken off more of the top and top-front of his hat than is really just damage, but I'm sure you'll get it back as you proceed.
Dave

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
-- Jan L. A. van de Snepscheut (1953–1994)

Candice

Thanks Dave.  There's actually a border behind him that I see, too, so I'll try and get that in place.  :D  When I stared,  I actually saw more on the red channel.  As for the perspective of the wall, the left side of the picture gave me a hint for that. I've talked it over with Bambie as to the direction of the surroundings.  His cover is still a WIP as is everything else.  I do wish I had a better picture of him with all his ribbons.  There are some that I can't make out  :'(  and I like to get those done right. 

..... I pondered taking this picture a long time, but it is coming along however slowly.
Candice

dle

On the ribbons, I certainly understand the dilemma. If, as it appears, Bambi has no reference material, maybe OPR could get information from the family? Depending on circumstances, it might well be one of those things they would be happy to be asked about. For example, some of the obscured ribbons might be very important to them.

Just a thought.
Dave

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
-- Jan L. A. van de Snepscheut (1953–1994)

Mhayes

Candy, it loos like you decided to go for a fun one.  ::) I looked at the original and I really can't figure out what one rod on the ceiling to your left is? My first thought is that it is a Florence light bulb. What you have done works and wonder if you might want the same color going down the wall, but a little darker? I think the brown color showing is from water and dirt that has damaged the photo. After that I wouldn't try for anything else in the background as it would be only guess work. Look forward to seeing how your progress on the man. BTW and I think you already know this, but the man in uniform is the husband to woman whose photos these belong to. Both are/were in the Army. She contacts me periodically to relay her thanks to us.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Bambi

I have only one other picture of him in his dress uniform, but it is very small and probably when he was much younger. I put it in your gallery. Amazing job so far, Candy.

Bambi

Candice

Margie, I was working on the wall today.  Thank you for the suggestions. 

Bambi, I just downloaded the picture you sent.  It is small but perhaps I can make them out when I increase the size.  Ribbon's have distinct patters.  Thank you for sending the pic my way.
Candice

Candice

With help from Margie talking to the owner on some of the details, this is where the WIP stands. And thank you Bambie for sending me the extra pictures to off of. 

Candice