• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

I need your opinion!

Started by Pearl, January 27, 2015, 01:47:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pearl

[URL=http://s1081.photobucket.com/user/Pearl_Gyongyi_Kazmer/media/MyricklanyforumS34_24_5x7copy_zps31c23ad8_1.jpg.html][/URL]_1.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Hi,
I need your opinion please ! :hug: :( :-\

Pearl

Bambi

Great job, Pearl. Might be a little too much contrast. Teeth and cheeks are very white and the uniform and shadows are awfully dark. Check your individual R, G and B sliders in a Levels Adjustment layer. Then with a Brightness/Contrast Adjustment layer, reduce the contrast and brighten it a little.

The lighter area above her head can be fixed with a Burn and Dodge layer like you used in your last restoration.
http://www.operationphotorescue.org/forum/index.php/topic,4097.msg36198/topicseen.html#new.

Bambi

battleaxe

Beautiful work!! :wnw:    Just one suggestion ...okay maybe a few ;D
In the photo her face is more in a side view not straight on , her nose is lighter on the one side. Her teeth are missing the gaps, and are too white I quickly did this .... corrected the red channel using the spot healing brush(brush set to darken/ lighten), set the layer to luminosity, played with the opacity, and masked the layer to correct her features. 5px gaussian  blur on the mask.

Hannie

Beautiful repairwork Pearl!
I like Bambi's tips and also what Betty said about her nose is a good catch.
Perhaps you could also tone down the pink in her lips some.  You could use her own skin color as a sample, add a color layer and at about 20% paint over her lips.  You can vary the opacity to your liking.

Great job!

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Pearl

I was working on her face,would like to make it right.Thank you so much for your help! :hug: :-*

Mhayes

Pearl,

What a fantastic job you have done! I downloaded both yours and Hannie's photo to compare. I wanted to see if yours really was as red as it was displaying--it was not. I like what Hannie has done for her skin tone and overall appearance. I played with yours and did an Curves Adjustment by doing an S curve, but I moving the bottom up instead of down. Minor pic for a very good restore.

BTW, the owner of the photo--both she and her husband are/were military and she is so thankful for what OPR is doing. She had given up hope of getting her photos restored because of the cost of having them done. She will be so delighted with what you and others have done.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Pearl

I like Hannie's picture more than mine and would like to know her technique if she could share it with us.
Thank you

Hannie

Pearl, I used your restore and this what I did:

-Levels Adjustment layer (as in the OPR Handbook)
-same for Curves Adjustment layer

-lowered Saturation to -8

-Contrast to -14 Brightness to 30 (masked out the teeth)

-add new layer set to Soft Light mode, fill with 50% gray, use black and white brush to darken areas around her head, cap, mouth eyes etc. and lighten side of nose and any other blotches in her face (use with original side by side to compare), uniform etc.

-new layer in color mode, sample from original color of skin and touch up, also lip area

Perhaps the whites of the eyes and teeth could be a little less bright/sharp in my example, they look better in yours!

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Candice

The one thing that I see missing is her last name over her pocket on the picture's "left".

Candice