• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Photo of girl needs new eyes and suggestions

Started by battleaxe, January 05, 2015, 12:51:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Pat

Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

battleaxe

Thank-you Margie,Hannie, Kiska and Pat :hug:

battleaxe

Here is my final version..... I think
Every time I work on her she gets a different look 
The vest isn't the right pattern or colour texture....but it seems to be the best I can do
can not find the pattern anywhere online or repair it without it looking a mess.
From flipping the none corrected version and the repaired version , I think I  have her nose and mouth area fixed.
Everytime I work on her she gets a different look

Mhayes

BA, that you have got this much is amazing. I do agree that her nose and mouth look different. On your left, her nostril with the shadows are very sharp and flare out more. From the original and what Kiska did. Also, careful on shading as on your left between her lips and chin appears to be a bump.

Big improvement!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

battleaxe

Bambi I sent you this one back ....I am starting over and want to try this one again.   I'll try to be more patient this time.

battleaxe

Think this one is it.  This is how she looks.
   Used what I could to repair the vest without recreating it entirely using another pic like I did above.  Best I could do. 

Mhayes

BA, you have come a long way on the little girl for a really difficult restore. I think she's good to return and the only thing I would be tempted to do would be to add a new layer set to the mode"Soft Light" and the box checked for for neutral 50% gray (foreground black and soft brush at 45% opacity). This is a more friendly way to darken and still be able to undo. I tried it and I think it helped and made the highlights look more natural--I didn't overdo, but just enough so that it reduced the effect of looking like a light was shinning on her face. Either way, great job.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]